Sarah Huckabee Sanders: rituals, flags and idols

That was my take on it. The tonal difference between Biden’s mostly-upbeat, factual speech and Huckabee’s deranged ranting was pretty stark. I can’t imagine the mindset of someone listening to both of them and still being “on the fence” about it, or talking about how “both sides are just as bad”. At this point, if you’re not voting for Biden, you’re one of the crazy ones.

Ingrid Jacques is a right wing loon. Of course she sees Sarah Chucklebee’s speech that way. Sarah is right, there is a choice between normal and crazy. Heaven help us if she ever gets in the White House.

I suspect they are happy to also salute the Confederate flag.

Sarah’s “audience” for her SOTU response wasn’t the American people in general, or the persuadables in the middle. It was the red meat culture-warrior types that dominate the base of the Republican party. It’s telling that this is the intended audience of a speech that’s supposed to be in front of the whole country.

This is now standard republican talking points everywhere you go in this country. It’s not so much about specific policies or ways to deal with the daily issues that families face…healthcare, job growth, pensions… It’s about attacking the “other” as un-American. That’s what they think wins them votes.

For a politician, that’s just malpractice. Every time I hear a forced error like this from the right, I think…