Satan's Teeming Minions US Millenium Tour

errrr :slight_smile:

I am me… accept it or not.

Well, if you get bored at Boli’s house, you can come on over and play at mine for a little bit…I only live a few blocks away. You’re not getting off that easy, though. If you’re here, we’re hangin’ out.

[mumble]Hmph. At least at my house he’d be able to sit on a chair to read his email…[/mumble]

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Sounds like a blast you have in the works, O Prince of Darkness.
Sure, if you can swing through on your way to Chi from Des Moines, drop in! (I can also fill you in on some of the speed traps on the way to Chicago.)
I’ve been wringing my few remaining brain cells for a greatbook for you. It’s something like “Offbeat America”, a tour guide to odd attractions. I had a copy but lost it in my travels. It included the Strippers Hall of Fame and a bar featurning a dead mouse. (Honest. The mouse chewed through some wiring and caused a fire. The bar was saved, and the pyro rodent was immortalized in an itty, bitty coffin, frayed wiring still in its jaws.)
I think you needthis book!
All the best!
Veb

Brian, me and me son will be making anexploratory trip to Raleigh in April probably. Can we crash at your place?

if you can read this,you are too close

April? Get back to me in March - I can’t plan that far in advance… My head would hurt!

I warn you - I have a one bedroom studio apartment. With 2,600 CDs in it. One person crashing here is one thing, but with a young’un is another story entirely!

But as I said, get back to me about a month out and I’ll know a bit more…

Yer pal,
Satan

So this year, for the holidays, welcome Satan into your life.

Ok, Chris - the gloves are off. Satan is MINE! (Just kidding)

I think we should all hang out. You and I will have to get together and think of something fun and exciting to do.

And I won’t stoop to any mean comments about YOUR house!

OK, y’all, my editor husband wants us all to know that it’s millennium, as in “the most misspelled word of the…”. It’s been driving him nuts for months now.(Welcome to MY Hell, Satan!)

Satan - honest, I hadn’t seen this thread before I posted in the other one. But the offer still stands…

DOH! How does one respond to an offer such as this? Words fail me…

Yer pal,
Satan

Still waiting on e-mails from a couple of you. I need your info, or how am I going to get to freeload at your place? :slight_smile:

Yer pal,
Satan

We’ll take you out for a steak!

We are on an irreversible path to democracy and freedom. But that could change-Dan Quayle

Satan? Did you get the EM I sent you? Just wanted to make sure… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Mom always said there’d be days like this…she just never said there’d be so MANY of them!!!

Not sure, Andrea… Since I’m at Dad’s for the holdays, my planning stuff is away from me. Please resend just in case!

Yer pal,
Satan

Tenn: a little (ok a lot) south of your route lies the Jack Daniel Distillery (Lynchburg - south of Nashville by Tim’s Ford) and Natural Bridge (Waynesboro - south along the Natchez) - Both seem cool to me (and as long as you’re going through Memphis…

Arkansas - Oh, why travel through here in winter… All the cool parks are here, but as long as you’re up by Oxford, check out the Blanchad Spring Caverns. There right up there with Carlsbad. (and much less well known)

Texas - If you’re leaving Texas via Amarillo, look for the Cadillac Ranch: http://www.capitol-city.com/indexegg.html http://www.texasmonthly.com/archive/cadillac.html

Some of my best photos from the road trip came from there.

New mexico: I think the Dinosaur trails (not single footprints but trails) were up by Clayton. Of course, there’s Roswell to the south, White Sands if you come up through Las Cruces (el hombre loco), Los Alamos and the Bradbury Science Museum dead in the middle.

On the way out of the state, Going south of 40 on 53 takes you by El Morro National Monument. http://www.flash.net/~drcoles/285/elmorro.html

That’s enough for a day…

• bons -

“Hombre Secreto” from Repo Man started playing and the road just went away. - Nasty Detmar

Ok, Brian… re-sent… :slight_smile:

Mom always said there’d be days like this…she just never said there’d be so MANY of them!!!

OC…we’re in a little 2.5-room tenant house, temporarily, while our landlady gives the boot to some less-than-desirable tenants. We should be renting a two-bedroom mobile home by April, and can almost certainly put you up then if you want (of course, we’re 25 miles east of Raleigh, but commute it daily). Let me and Brian know as the time comes closer; I’m sure one of us will be in a position to do something.

I said:

Of course, emailing Jerry will do me NO GOOD if he doesn’t bother to answer. grits teeth

Jerry, what’s the story? Where do we meet and what time?

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

Hey, Brian! Not coming south o’ the border? Well, maybe next year you’d like to try some enchiladas or mole poblano con arroz a la mexicana at my mom’s (of course, any dopers visiting my part of the world are as welcome!).

Enjoy the trip, mi estimado Diablo!

Saludos.

poly,thank you.You’ll need to e-mail me,I tried to you,but it didn’t work. Thanks
:wink: