Saturn's moon Titan and its atmosphere

I’ve read that Titan’s atmosphere is primarily nitrogen, while it’s surface has lakes and seas of liquid methane. The liquification point of nitrogen is only 17 centigrade degrees below that of methane; and the average surface temperature quoted is just below the liquification point of methane. Is there some feedback mechanism that causes the temperature on Titan to stay above nitrogen’s liquification point but below that of methane?

I can’t answer the question, but want to note that the atmospheric pressure on Titan is higher than on Earth: 1.45 atmospheres. So the boiling/melting points of the two gases will be different there. Also note that the liquid there is only mostly methane; it has a certain amount of ethane and lesser amounts of larger hydrocarbons.

One obvious feedback mechanism that will regulate temperature in some systems is clouds. Titan has some clouds, and is generally hazy, with a haze that has different transparency at different wavelengths. With the right mix of physical properties you will get a feedback loop that holds the temperature within a range of temperatures. However the overall energy budget must remain in balance - the steady state must balance energy in to energy out, and the feedback system will only work within some range of energy inputs. To much or too low, and the system will settle on a different stable state. And of course there are systems that are stable once going, but if there is something that gives them a push, will settle on a different stable state, even after the push has ceased.
I would say that Titan simply exhibits one of a large number of possible metastable states, one that works with the energy input it sees. One might argue that the breadth of energy input rates that it will remain stable with is probably pretty narrow given the closeness of those boiling and melting points, but it should be no surprise that the system settles into some sort of stable state given the complexity available with a mix of such different melting and boiling points.