"Saul Goodman" = "It's all good, man"?

I’m not sure if it’s been done before, but as I was rewatching Breaking Bad in preparation for Season 5 (totally unrelated to the other current thread) something occurred to me:

Since Saul Goodman’s name is an alias anyway, do you think his character meant it to sound like “It’s all good, man”? I don’t know why I never picked up on it, it seems pretty obvious if you think about it, and totally fits with his whole cheesy lawyer ad, the constitution as wallpaper in his office, etc.

If he himself didn’t intend it like that, do you think the writers of the show at least wanted to send a (subliminal) message about him?

Saul does use it as a catchphrase in his online advertising, so even if it isn’t a deliberately chosen alias, he’s at least aware of it.

What episode is that in? I’d love to take a closer look at that website.

I’m not quite through season two of the show yet, but it seems to me that if it’s a subliminal message, it’s redundant. “It’s all good, man” sends the message that the guy is a complete sleaze on every level, and that’s the same impression you get from his words and actions and the TV commercials. So I hope they didn’t spend too much time on the clever name. The pretending to be Jewish thing was a nice touch, though, and so far, Bob Odenkirk seems like great casting.

Now you have me wondering if Saul is even a real lawyer!

Oh, sorry. When you referred to his ad, I thought you meant his in-world website. Check it out, it’s hilarious. And canon!

As of last week, we finally have the official answer! I just came across this thread and thought it was funny that they actually spelled it out in Better Call Saul the way they did…

A long road getting to that. I wish the show was Better Call Mike.

Pretty sure this was explained in Season One of Better Call Saul, with the slippin Jimmy Routine, not just this season.

Yes, slippin’ Jimmy told the first mark we saw in season one his name was Saul, as in s’all good man.