Save Toby...what the hell?

Is rabbit halal? I’m pretty sure it’s not kosher (it chews the cud (kind of) but doesn’t split the hoof…kind of the converse of pig, which splits the hoof, but doesn’t chew the cud).

All that Cafe Press shwag, and the stupid twerp doesn’t sell “Save Toby” bunny slippers. Idiot.

Well, even so…they don’t have to eat it, just kill it. And the feet could be used to generate good luck for the cause, just in case Allah isn’t paying attention right then.

That’d be an ugly chain of events. Someone goes and buys a pair, and then you have three bunnies to save: Toby, and two others that are now going to be made into slippers.

Well, I was going to donate because I’d rather see it fried. Yum, fried rabbit.

I wouldn’t mind trying (Bambi) Hassenpfeffer myself. Unless he’s taken, of course. :wink:

WRS

Hey! No fair! Bambi’s my double-super-secret fantasy message-board crush!

Well, there’s your problem. It’s “snopes”

adds Homebrew to enimies post-it list

Considering the last such hostage it seems more likely they’d threaten a toy bunny. Perhaps dressed up in a soldier suit.

Well, I dunno about the About.com site, but I just donated a penny and Paypal had no problems with the transaction. So…what do you make of that?

:o No need to fight, boys. There’s more than enough of me for both of you. :wink:

Evidence my receipt (subtlety altered)

Dear Weirddave,

This email confirms that you have paid donate@savetoby.com (donate@savetoby.com) $0.01 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as “PAYPAL *DONATE”.

Payment Details
Transaction ID: *************
Total: $0.01 USD
Item/Product Name: Save Toby
Item/Product Number:
Buyer: Weirddave
Business Information
Business: donate@savetoby.com
If you have questions about the shipping and tracking of your purchased item or service, please contact donate@savetoby.com at donate@savetoby.com.

So, if the donation channel is open, but that guy might not really be thinking of killing Toby – isn’t that fraud?

The Velveteen Rabbit? Noooooooo!

I doubt that’d be tasty in the stew …

Lots of fiber, though.

True. Here, li’l velveteeny rabbit …! :slight_smile:

Stop it! Stop it now! Them’s my childhood memories youse abusifin’!

Humm. I have a bunny here, and I could use $15K.

However, I’m kind of skeeved about suggesting that I would cook and eat him, because I think he would take it personally.

I wonder how much $$ I could raise by threatening to put him in his turtle-necked sweater…

Perhaps you can have him balance pancakes on his head?