Say something that is true to a person in 1985 that will make you sound like a crazy person

Ah – somehow, I’ve never come across that.

At the age of 80, Harrison Ford is still playing Indiana Jones.

(I find this a little crazy even now.)

That was pretty clear in 1985 too.

I think that’s crazy talk in 2022. I don’t get it.

And I can’t because:

In the glorious future of 2022, you can’t read articles without “subscribing”.

That is the best one so far, because I think it would have made you seem crazy in 2015.

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford have appeared in Star Wars movies in the 2000s.

Carrie Fisher and her mother, Debbie Reynolds, died one day apart.

We think a 12 oz cup of coffee is small. And we like to drink it as a slushy with at least 3 shots of flavored syrup and topped with whipped cream. Oh, and did I mention we’ll pay more than $5 for it?

Nazism is on the rise in the USA. As is plain old racism and bigotry. And separation of church and state is being attacked.

When Ronald Reagan leaves office he will be 77 years old. That young senator from Delaware who is being spoken of as a potential candidate in 1988 will become president - when he is 78 years old.

My god, what a confusing back-story.

We all carry phones in our pocket, but many people suffer from telephobia, a fear or avoidance of phone conversations, and they will not answer their phone even when they know exactly who is calling.

This is my favorite so far. There’s a lot of really good stuff in this thread, but not enough directly phrased in a way that would cause someone to question your sanity from the statement itself.

"I want to film what you’re doing. I’ll use my telephone to do that, you know, the one I keep in my pocket.

Crap! It’s not there! Let me just ask the woman that lives in my watch where I left it."

Being back in 1985, the last wouldn’t work there being no network, cellular or WiFi, for the watch to connect to. ‘Filming’ with your phone would work but you’d be stuck watching it on a tiny screen.

A computer named Deep Blue will beat grandmaster Garry Kasparov, the reigning chess champion of the world.

The Soviet Union is going to renounce communism and break up. In six years.

And the US will renounce democracy and embrace fascism, and attempt to become a christian theocracy on par with Iran.

In 1985 I could have believed the first, but never the second. Even as a fan of dystopian science fiction.

That was predictable back in 1985. It was the era when the “Moral Majority” was on the rise.

They’ve made five runaway smash-hit films based on that “Pirates of the Caribbean” ride. And there are more on the way!

Never mind. I think I got confused.

In the future, huge pythons will invade the Everglades and people will get paid to hunt them.