Saying Hot Chick = Being A Misogynist Asshole

This is no way a thread on moderator actions/beliefs board related to a question in ABTMB.

It is, but it isn’t.

To women, what part of ‘Hot Chick’ is offensive, the hot part or chick?

The completely clueless git having to ask…

It means a particular thing. Not just “ooh she looks good”, try to understand. There is no comparison in a descriptor for men. When you spent the whole of your life fending off men with bad action in mind. Or you’ve heard catcalls and rude remarks at every turn the least remark just piles on. I am no Miss America, but I am thin and blond( not so young anymore:() and let me tell you the hits just keep coming. I was at a highschool, crawling around a gym floor, last year, painting a logo. Those high school boys just came out of the woodwork. I couldn’t have been more homely but they called, whistled and used nasty words. It was horrific. I wasn’t sure I could finish among all of that. I did though. I swore to never put myself it that situation again. I shouldn’t have to make those decisions. It’s not fair. No, hot-chick is a bad term. It implies sexual mis-conduct as much as slut or whore. Don’t use it.

Which part of being called a misogynist asshole is offensive to you, the misogynist part or asshole?

Mostly, the inappropriate context in which it’s overwhelmingly used.

If you think your wife or gf is a hot chick and she wants to hear your opinion, go right ahead and tell her. But nobody cares whether you think some woman just going about her ordinary human business is a hot chick.

And if you demand attention from that woman or anybody else in order to express your irrelevant opinion about her hot-chickitude, you’re behaving like a misogynist asshole.

It’s neither the “hot” nor the “chick” that’s offensive. It’s the individual letters. “Hock itch” is just as offensive.

If you’re going to be reductive, why not go all the way?

Hot chick is a fundamentally different turn of phrase to something like ‘attractive woman’ which, in my opinion, is not (necessarily) derogatory and more context dependent: Hot chick is ALWAYS about objectifying the person being referenced. It’s akin to ‘nice tits’, ‘great ass’ and similar. A straight woman would NEVER refer to another woman as being a hot chick, and the language used is the domain of males only.

Now I can accept the term being used in say a strip club or pole-dancing venue where the degree of attractiveness of the person is the defining reason that they are there…but outside of some really REALLY specific instances, it’s not a term that should be used in polite company.

It’s rude, crude and utterly unrefined. And at it’s heart, confirming women are only valuable as things to be fucked.

Next question?

Which part of dumber than dirt is less offensive? Dumb or dirt?

Oblivious moron? Where’s your preference there?

Skeevy dipshit?

Stanky caveman?

Let’s try a little role reversal: Did you get your job because you slept with the right person? How about those raises and promotions? Affirmative action really fucks over the working woman, while men get all the breaks. I bet you went to college to get your M.R. degree. Too bad you don’t make as much as your female co-workers, but, hey, everyone knows women just work harder. You know, you should smile more. Hey, women are go-getters, but men are just bitchy. Stop being so pushy. After she makes an honest man out of you, and you get married, will you keep working? After the kids come, will you keep working? Why are you working? Why aren’t you working? Check out the hot meat on the stage. Dayum, ladies, they moved him so John Kerry could stand there. I’d rather see the meat, know what I mean, hurr, hurr.

Fuck you. Fuck you and all of your cave-dwelling brethren who are so deeply wed to the idea of demeaning women and other races and non-heteros and anyone who isn’t an old white guy that they have to bitch and moan and cry about how fucked up things are if they can’t call a woman they don’t know a “hot chick” in thread about politics. It would be comic if it weren’t exactly this shit all the rest of us have to deal with every single day.

Fuck. you.

…so, thanks for the setup, Huey Logan. See? You’re not a COMPLETE waste of pixels, after all!

But I digress.

DNFTT.

Oh good, I just came in from ATMB precisely to see if anyone was pitting these deliberately obtuse, misogynistic assholes.

To the OP: Go fuck yourself with a broken Coke bottle, you worthless piece of shit. Likewise to Ultra Vires.

I’d say I owe you lunch, but we’re a bit far. Will a virtual one make do?

“Hot stud” is the comparable term for men.

Two things:

One: Guys act like that as a result of the culture that exists in this country today. They weren’t always as openly crass and vulgar as they are now. (Neither were women, for that matter.)

Two: It’s hard to say who’s unhappier. The good-looking girl who gets attention, or the homely one who doesn’t.

My money’s on the homely one. I’d bet a fair amount that if most women who are attractive enough to draw unwanted attention were to suddenly wake up homely and treated as if they were invisible, they’d give anything to go back to being pretty again.

Good looks are a huge gift and people with them benefit in countless ways, big and small. But like with people born into money, they don’t appreciate the good things their looks bring them because it’s normal and seems to be just the way life is. Take it away though and they find they’re living in a much different and less deferential world, and with far fewer options too.

To me the low-grade hassles that women have to endure because of their attractiveness are the flip side to the benefits they derive from being attractive. There are pros and cons to everything, and in my opinion attractive women would be much happier if they were to focus on and be appreciative and thankful for the good things their looks bring them and be more philosophical and accepting of the fact that along with those blessings comes a certain degree of annoyance.

None of us can have it all our way all the time, and to me, hearing a woman complain about the attention her looks bring is like listening to someone with money complain about how hard it is to find good help these days or the trouble they’ve been having with their new Lexus.

IMO there’s far too much fault-finding and whinging going on these days and far too little appreciation for the many blessings of all kinds that most of us enjoy today.

Speaking of misogynist arseholes…

SA Your hot take is that women should be grateful that they’re good looking enough that anyone will bother being nice to them?

There are so many, many things wrongs with your post and you are simply not worth the time.

The he-man, woman-hater club is lining up over there somewhere. Go away and mingle.

Be honest. How much of the above have you personally experienced? And how often?

My guess is that you’re so pissed off about all this stuff, not because of what you’ve experienced personally, or because of whatever harm it’s personally caused you, but because of what you’ve read and heard about and been taught to become enraged by.

It’s funny, but women in the bad old 50s and 60s seemed to be a lot happier than women today. I’m guessing this is because they haven’t been taught by people with an agenda to seek out things to exaggerate the importance of and to get offended by and pissed off about.

And most of the stuff you mention is penny-ante bullshit to begin with. “Why are you working? Why aren’t you working?” is piss-off worthy and grounds for going through life with a mad-on against men? Give me a break!

No need to bet. Having already become invisible, I can tell you that, while it is nice when I encounter someone who still sees me, it is even nicer to be able to say I haven’t been groped in the subway for the last five years.

How long does it take for starvation to result in death?

You are an idiot. If you ever had breasts, as most women do, you’ve experienced ogling and worse. Get a clue. And stfu.

Yeah, listen to what the man says and don’t worry your pretty little heads!

:smack:
CMC fnord!