Pitting SayTwo

Which is why I thought that @I_Love_Me_Vol.I was referencing this thread in this post.

Ooooh! It could be a whole separate thread just coming up with disparaging names for the knuckle-draggers that are killing people.

But then I realized that it was probably just the Covidiot thread that they had in mind.

Every time I think @SayTwo might have slowed down, he returns with an updated version of “Verbal Diarrhea, this time with more stench.” He has thus far been allowed to almost completely take over multiple threads, although he and @Magiver seem to want to play kill-them-all-tag-team-footsies with each other in the second one.

Oh, they ain’t the only ones screwing up the threads. I can think of one more.

Predictably, @SayTwo dumped an assload of ignorance in the Atlas Shrugged thread, which is now closed. Unpredictably, he’s got a fan in @FigNorton.

He also completely ignored what the peers of Atlas said about him at Stanford and how other scientists noted how reckless was to attempt to reach herd immunity by getting everybody sick.

Saytwo clearly was impressed by only looking at reports coming from the likes of FOX news or Breitbart about Atlas. A willful ignorant that I did flag before. Years ago there was a poster called handy that was banned for constantly giving bad health advice. This current guy is worse IMHO by not only ignoring good evidence, but also by ignoring that the sources he uses are bad too.

You know, just because I disagreed with you doesn’t mean I’m a fan of all the people you dislike. You accused me of not following public health advice because I’m not as scared as you. You stupid.

For what it’s worth, the limited interaction I’ve had with SayTwo leads to me to believe he’s a troll. Makes it hard on honest skeptics like me.

I provided you with a link that shows known effects of covid on major organs, not limited to lungs. “I’m skeptical”, was not your response. Your response was to accuse me of wanting to hide in a cave and to be afraid for the both of us. So while I’m sympathetic about you not wanting to be thought of as being associated with an idiot like SayTwo, you’re going to have to be a little more careful of who you hang around with. FWIW, other posts by you lead me to believe you’re smarter than how you appeared in that thread. So, if what I think matters at all, I don’t think you’re stupid.

Whoop di doo, asshat. I’m not a fan of SayTwo.

I have never been a fan of the “ignore user X” feature. But these two are getting to be a bit much even for me. On other topics Magiver is decent, but not on anything COVID-related. SayTwo doesn’t seem to have any redeeming features nor any interest in any other topic. It’s all COVID JAQ all the time.

Out of curiosity I put both posters on ignore and tried to read those threads.

Their names still appear in nearly every post. Those two threads are simply destroyed.

No, I know. You’re skeptical.

I’m not sure Magiver is all that decent, actually. SayTwo is already on my ignore list, as is FigNorton, and Magiver is going on it real soon if he keeps this shit up. I don’t expect this to be a loss to me or to him.

He’s useful enough in the few aviation threads we have. Which topics are especially important to me.

But even in that arena he still shows a fairly doctrinaire & blinkered mindset. Otherwise I agree there’s not much good to offset the bad.

I’d rather read you. You’re sensible.

You know, I have managed a fair few reasonable discussions and disagreements here. It might be your hair trigger thats the problem.

And this shit kinda drives me crazy. I haven’t said anything remotely as denialist as Magiver, basically because I actually accept the situation is serious. But we’ve got intellectual cowards like this ignoring me but keeping out hope for him because Magiver likes planes. Fuck you.

@Fignorton, I don’t have a dog in this fight since I wasn’t in that thread, and avoid the QZ like the plague (heh) because it’s even more highly charged than P&E. But I want you to take a step back and look at your posts here. Sure, it’s the pit, but you’ve gotten mild criticism at even the least charitable evaluation, and have gone to raging personal insults and name calling. Quoting your own comments…

Take a deep breath. You are only making yourself look like a jerk.

No. I was merely saying in the other thread that we shouldn’t be getting all worked up about the chance that some infections might have some scary sequela. I mentioned that’s a possibility in a lot of problems we’ve already got. I am unsubtly accused of not following public health rules by Quick and Csarcasm. And now I’m name checked.in some asshole’s troll thread as his fan. I am not being given mild criticism.

And Magiver made the list.

So that’s two jerks and a troll. That’s damned near a bar joke.

It’s mild by pit standards, and mild compared to jumping to personal insults.

I like your avatar*, so I’ll give you a fair shake. What exactly separates you from the “denialists” as you call them. I note that they also call themselves “skeptics.”

I will warn you that this board is about fighting ignorance, and the Pit is the “no holds barred” forum. Anything you say that is perceived as ignorant is going to get strong pushback, especially due to how dangerous misinformation can be on this particular topic.

*Not really the reason I gave you a fair shake. Just wanted to get that in there. I like avatars that play with the default avatars. I do that on a lot of places.

I jumped to personal insults? “Hair trigger” you mean? If I said you were clearly a fan of Rush Limbaugh, how personal is that? If I asked you “I follow proper health guidelines. Do you?” is that personal? How mild are they?