Scooby Doo (otherwise known as WORST MOVIE EVER!!)

Christ this was awful and I got to see it for free.

Let’s see, what sucked/was hideously awful/bad about this waste of time, energy, space, oxygen…

In no particular order:

Freddie Prinze Jr.-When is going to discover the joys of cocaine as his father did and rid the world of his horrible inability to act?

Matthew Lillard–Hated him on sight after Scream Just makes me want to slap him senseless

Scooby-Doo—HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE CGI

The plot—What was the plot? I can’t remember, nor do I want to.

Oh yes, to top it all off: Rowan Atkinson I thought I was free of him after Rat Race. I actually left the theater during his scenes in that movie.

Anyway, WORST MOVIE EVER.

At least until the Hogan’s Hero’s & Wonder Twins movies come out.

But maybe I’ll have been run over by a bus by then. Ya gotta have hope.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not surprised. Anything with Scoobie Doo in it blows dead rats.

Hey! The TV cartoons were ok…but this movie… shudders even seeing the previews was a waste of time…

Has any live-action adaptation of a cartoon ever been good? The promos I have seen for “Scooby Doo” have convinced me-- not that I needed to be persuaded-- to hold onto my $8.00 for something more worthwhile (I wouldn’t even pay $5.50 for the matinee showings).

I agree that the Scooby CGI was so awful it was silly. Are we still expected to be impressed by it? Producers need to lay off the gratuitous special effects.

I too got to see it for free.

It was very silly, but how could we expect it not to be??

My nephew (he’s four) liked it. I would have been ticked to spend money on it.

I have no interest in seeing it, but I must admit I smile at the delivery of the line in the commercial (I guess she’s drunk) “You name means Scooby Poop”

I haven’t seen the movie, but I thought it would’ve been much cooler if Scooby Doo had been a 2D animated cartoon interacting with the live-action folks (like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?. Anything is better than that ratty-looking CGI monstrosity.

[hijack]All these poor renditions of fun things from my youth are making me depressed. What’s next? An insulting live-action Transformers? Oh wait, they already gave that the CGI treatment. [sigh] Nothing is sacred…[/hijack]

Well, I’ve noticed no one else has asked this yet…So, are the rumors about the “certain” scenes with Velma true?

You know…those rumors…? Come on, don’t make me spell it out for you. :wink:
Really, though. I am curious to know for sure.

Ranchoth

Well, the first Flintstones movie was kind of good.

Please, Ranchoth…spell it out for me. What’s that rumor about Velma? Is it anything like that Power Ranger girl who was in “Not Another Teen Movie?” I like it when kiddie show actresses get naked. :stuck_out_tongue:

According to various reports, a scene in which she and Daphne were possesed by a demon which makes people lock lips was removed from the film.

The demon has turned down various interviewers, but has been heard commenting, “I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for that meddling cutting room floor!”

(Okay, so paragraph 2 I made up. Paragraph 1 is real.)

A terrible concept, but does any doubt that it’ll make millions for the untalentend hacks behind this latest piece of sh*t from Hollywood?

Especially Rosie O’Donnell as Betty. :rolleyes:

Do NOT dis Rowan Atkinson. (sorry, hardcore Black Adder fan here)

I am sure I will have to see the Scooby movie. 6 year old son, ya know.

The cartoon of “Scooby Doo, where are you?” was excellent until the addition of that annoying brat of a dog Scrappy (or Scrabby, Scabby, whatever).

I always hated that punk puppy. Absolutely ruined the show.

Even my 4-year old thinks it’ll be dumb. As for me, it jumped the shark on the very first commercial. Then I saw a trailer where apparantly Daphne is some kinda martial arts whiz, doing Hidden Dragon/Charlie’s Angels moves. That sealed it’s fate, as far as I’m concerned. When it comes out on TBS, I’ll watch it.
NOT.

Hey, even the serious Scooby fans at jumpedtheshark.com agreed Scrappy was the show’s downfall. He got 252 votes, and the next highest got 19. THAT’S consensus.

Damn Scrappy. He was just too much of a know it all. The joy of Scooby Doo was their continuous screw ups until they accidently stumbled upon the answer. None of this damn “puppy power” crap.

One question, and a request for spoilers:

Is the supernatural menace in the Scooby movie real or fake? Lately, the new Scooby cartoons have been about real ghosts, real vampires, real aliens – whereas the old shows always, always revealed a guy with a mask.

So does the movie inherit the old cartoon’s skeptical fantasy, or does it chuck that into the trash?

I WAS planning on taking the kids (7 year old boy, 4 and 5 year old girls) to see this, now maybe I will convince the SO to do it.
dead0man