Screw the Oscars, the Razzie noms are out!

And here they are.

Looks to me like a close one this year between Alexander and Catwoman.

Classic.

I must protest, however, the complete absence of The Village, possibly the worst movie I’ve ever paid to see in a theater.

Well, except for maybe Snow Day.

WORST PICTURE

ALEXANDER (Warner Bros.)
CATWOMAN (Warner Bros.)
SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2 (Triumph Films)
SURVIVING CHRISTMAS (DreamWorks)
WHITE CHICKS (Columbia/Revolution)

WORST ACTOR

Ben Affleck / JERSEY GIRL and SURVIVING CHRISTMAS
George W. Bush / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Vin Diesel / CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK
Colin Farrell / ALEXANDER
Ben Stiller / ALONG CAME POLLY, ANCHORMAN, DODGEBALL, ENVY and STARSKY & HUTCH

WORST ACTRESS

Halle Berry / CATWOMAN
Hilary Duff / CINDERELLA STORY and RAISE YOUR VOICE
Angelina Jolie / ALEXANDER and TAKING LIVES
Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen / NEW YORK MINUTE
Shawn & Marlon (The Wayans Sisters) / WHITE CHICKS

WORST SCREEN COUPLE

Ben Affleck & EITHER Jennifer Lopez OR Liv Tyler / JERSEY GIRL
Halle Berry & EITHER Benjamin Bratt OR Sharon Stone / CATWOMAN
George W. Bush & EITHER Condoleeza Rice OR His Pet Goat / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen / NEW YORK MINUTE
The Wayans Brothers (In or Out of Drag) WHITE CHICKS

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Carmen Electra / STARKSY & HUTCH
Jennifer Lopez / JERSEY GIRL
Condoleeza Rice / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Britney Spears / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Sharon Stone / CATWOMAN

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Val Kilmer / ALEXANDER
Arnolld Schwarzenegger / AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS
Donald Rumsfeld / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Jon Voight / SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2
Lambert Wilson / CATWOMAN

WORST DIRECTOR

Bob Clark / SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2
Renny Harlin and/or Paul Schrader / EXORCIST 4: THE BEGINNING
“Pitof” / CATWOMAN
Oliver Stone / ALEXANDER
Keenan Ivory Wayans / WHITE CHICKS

WORST REMAKE OR SEQUEL

ALIEN v PREDATOR (20th Century-Fox)
ANACONDAS: HUNT FOR THE BLOOD ORCHID (Screen Gems)
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS (Disney)
EXORCIST 4: THE BEGINNING (Warner Bros.)
SCOOBY DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED (Warner Bros.)

WORST SCREENPLAY

ALEXANDER, Written by Oliver Stone, Christopher Kyle and Laeta Kalogridis
CATWOMAN, Written by Theresa Rebeck and John Brancato & Michael Ferris and John Rogers
SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2, Written by Steven Paul and Gregory Poppen
SURVIVING CHRISTMAS, Written by Deborah Kaplan & Harry Elfont and Jeffrey Ventimilia & Joshua Sternin
WHITE CHICKS, Written by Keenan, Shawn, & Marlon Wayans, Andy McElfresh, Michael Anthony Snowden, and Xavier Cook
I’ve only seen three of these movies, Fahreinheit 9/11, Envy, and Jersey Girl, so I can’t really comment other than to say that Jersey Girl was actually a pretty good movie for what it was and the only nomination I’ll admit has creedence in regard to it is Jennifer Lopez’s Worst Actress nod. Affleck was passable in his role and he and Tyler made a good couple.

Also, while *Envy *sucked with the power of a thousand black holes, it wasn’t due to Stiller but the sheer atrocity of the script. I loathe Stiller in comedy roles for the most part but he wasn’t bad at all in this. Christopher Walken, on the other hand, was pretty subpar considering his gifts.

good to see those Razzie noms for “Around t he World in 80 Days” - awful awful awful.

I love the ones for Fahrenheit 9/11!

The Razzies are just as bad as the Oscars – they just like picking on “popular” people, as oppossed to what’s really bad, as witnessed by them picking on Kevin Costner and Sylvester Stallone for all those years whether they deserved it or not (sometimes they did). I guess Ben Affleck is their new whipping boy now. The Ben Stiller thing is not about whether his movies were bad, but the fact that he’s “overexposed”, which is what they’re really nominating him for.

Hey! I thought Bush did an excellent job of protraying the President as a clueless, spoiled, semi-literate puppet of corporate interests!
Well, now that’s done. There’s one in every crowd, isn’t there?

Stranger

Or the fact that he’s bad in some really bad movies. Whatever works for you.

He’s just awful, sorry. Except I did like him in Dodgeball somewhat.

Stiller might be in some absolutely horrible movies (and is) but that doesn’t invalidate Raygun’s point that the Razzies are nothing more than an organized backlash machine which is exactly what they are. Take a look at their past winners… the same people are in every category and once they drop off the public’s radar, they drop off the Razzies’ too. If they really sucked that bad, they’d still suck and would continue to get nominations but don’t.

I actually hated those nominations. And no, it’s not a political thing.

I’ve always loved the Razzies much more than the Oscars, and wished they televised the show, but it has always been about Hollywood getting simultaniously getting jeered for it’s pompous award shows and some of the truly horrible movies it produces. In other words, the nominations were about pointing out bad movies. The F9/11 nominations are not about that, because I don’t think the choosers of the Razzies are saying F9/11 was a bad film. They are about the selection committee’s politics - right or wrong (or left or wrong if you prefer) it’s just not in the spirit of the Razzies.

Secondly, and more politically, I’m not sure the message the nominations send - is the selection committee ripping the administration? ripping their portrayal in F9/11 as unconvincing? just dropping in some topical political mention signifying nothing?

Either way, it’s not the Razzies.

Ooooh, White Chicks vs. Superbabies – tough call!

(And George W. Bush w/Condoleeza Rice gets my vote :wink: )

Caught a trailer for Alexander on TV last night - it’s just been released here - and one line had me laughing out loud: “Alexander, be reasonable!” Worst. Line. Ever. Now I can’t get rid of a mental picture of Alexander the Reasonable, bestriding the ancient world like a mild mannered colossus. Is the rest of the movie that bad?

I agree 100%.

I am also angry about their stupid “25 years” awards because I was looking forward to one fricking year without a nomination for Madonna, but nooooo, since slamming her gets them column inches, they find some convoluted way to include her.