SDMB Pick 'em and Survival leagues 2017

It really seemed like the best and only week to pick the Giants. So much for that theory.

Damn it. About 75% of our league and probably 50% of all remaining yahoo users just barely won this week by picking the Titans. I was so rooting for everyone picking against the Browns to finally backfire - it would’ve absolutely devatstated the survival community. Damn.

Early London game this week, get your picks in.

What the fuck. I am 100% sure I entered New Orleans over Chicago into the survival league, hit save, and it acknowledged it saved. But it says I made no pick. Won’t even let me pick one of the SNF/MNF games either. Damn it. I was perfect. Still should be.

Well I’m going to pretend that yahoo’s screwup for the survival thing last week never happened and treat NO as if they were used (which is a significant handicap, since NO is by far the most popular pick this week). Whether you believe me or see it the same way is up to you. I sure will be butthurt in the unlikely event that I complete the rest of the season and lose out on a share of the yahoo prize at the end.

Same thing happened to me in the confidence league a few weeks back. I always do all my picks at the time (Survival then Spread then Pick’em then Confidence) so it doesn’t make any sense I’d have a zero one week for any one of the leagues…yet I do :frowning:

I made my picks this week in about 15 seconds, so of course I’m 10-1 against the spread. :rolleyes:

And of course I didn’t change my Houston survival pick after Watson got hurt.

Woo, I got top score in all 3 pick 'em leagues while forgetting to pick the Thursday game, which I would’ve got right.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I’m playing survival on hard mode, never picking against the Browns. I was hoping so hard last week the Browns would pull out the upset when everyone else in the league picked Detroit.

I’m going to pretend I’m still playing survival unofficially, since yahoo screwed me over and registered a blank when I picked NO in week 8.

Anyway my unofficial week 12 pick is Atlanta.

Unofficial survival pick this week: Jacksonville

Oh, yahoo made double picks from week 13 onwards the default. It has to do with the competition they were running. But none of us are eligible for it (you have to be perfect) and it makes the last few weeks pretty rough so I can turn it off starting next week if you guys would prefer to go back to 1 pick per week.

I guess since I was playing along unofficially, I will also have to enter a second pick for this week from the late games. I’ve been avoiding picking against Cleveland this year since I didn’t want to take the easy route and also didn’t want to root against my own team, but I only have a small number of games to pick from since I didn’t realize I needed a second pick until after most games started, so I’ll pick the Chargers as my second pick.

Well no one registered an opinion on the default change this year to double picks in the late weeks, so I didn’t change it. It’s too late now (I’m not sure what would happen if I changed it after people entered their picks), but chime in if you want to go back to single picks for next week.

Unofficial week 14 picks: Pittsburgh and Cinci.

Don’t forget we’ve got Saturday games this week.

I’m out on Week 14 in my playalong survival due to Cinci getting crushed by Chicago.

We lost 3 others in week 14.
3 remain: Frosty, Oak, and minlokwat. All have 2 strikes.

Looks like a winner is me, for Confidence Pick Em :slight_smile:

Looks like a dumbass is me. I won the survivor game, not Pick Em.

Reminder: the pick 'em leagues keep going through the playoffs