SDMB Poker: Dead in the water?

I’m in as well – to whom do I direct my fundage?

Okay, I’ll try to get the software up and running tonight. Worst-case scenario, we play the trial software and make sure we’re still all happy with it. Game will be set for 10 PM EDT. I’ll post the passwords and a link later.

i’m ready to beat you folks like stepchildren.

or if that is inappropriate, sure i’ll give it a go with you respectable folks.

Bring it. Oh, and we set up a chat on AIM to trash talk, so get ready for that if you don’t have an IM set up.

Okay, I have ordered the software. I hope to have the link tonight. If not, I have created a table in Crazy Poker for any of the old-timers who might be interested and we can always play a bit of limit, either tournament or ring, in demo mode.

if you’d be so kind to tell me what to do (keep it simple for an old man) i’ll join you even if i have to do some odd ass funding mechanism.

so just intall aim?

ok on aim i am peekercpa, what the heck more you derelicts that should be kneeling before my grandosity?

I have set up the trial version and put it online in case I don’t get the software tonight. The ring game is open. The tournament will be limited to 10 people (software limitation) and is scheduled to start at 10 PM EDT. The server is available here or as a direct link. The password for the site is “cecil” but the games are not password-protected. I suggest always going through the lobby when we have this up and running as I’m not sure if my IP is static and other people may wind up hosting anyway.

ok, i think i may have half arsed figured it out.

do we just play gin for a bit?

what do i use as a buy in?

just click on the tournament tab and click on register

The software can only handle another 450 hands on the demo. Each new account should get 15,000 chips to begin with. That’s enough for 10 tournaments as currently set, but it’s easy enough to add more if needed.

No link yet on the software. It might have to wait a week.

We are now running the Pro version. Please use the lobby and look under private servers. Direct link is the same for now. All other information is the same.

The Pro version allows individual avatars. If interested, please send me a 48x48 GIF, PNG, or SWF file via email and I will update it for you.

asterion, I have also registered to play tonight. If you PM me the info, I will send you some money via PayPal to pay for the program.

SDMB poker is not dead - it was merely a flesh wound. We are now playing play-money stakes on PokerMavens software. One of us hosts, everyone else plays using a Flash-based client at the website. We had some new blood, and treated them rather rudely. MentalGuy and Peekercpa: welcome aboard, and sorry about the 9th and 8th place finishes. Fubbleskag: welcome back and congrats on 2nd.

Drum roll, please:

1 Oslo the Magnificent
2 Fubbleskag
3 RobotArm
4 Dag Otto
5 MissTake
6 Asterion
7 Yeticus Rex
8 Peekercpa
9 MentalGuy

More players are always welcome - even those who abandoned us in the past.

well since it was my first time out i kind of laid off of you guys/gals a bit. didn’t want to totally humiliate you all and not get asked back because of my dominance.

next week, the gloves come off.

I hope to have the ring game open all weekend for anyone else who is interested to try it out.

well a ring for funny money doesn’t mean a lot to me, personally.

but i’d sure be willing to kick in a fiver or tenner or something and play real. i mean it’d have to be kind of honor system but i don’t know anyone on this board that is that fucking screwed up. well a couple, ok.

fuck, the rest of you guys ought to be drooling at that thought after last night.

btw, who are we supposed to be sending our share and how?

or is everyone headed to san antonio where we can settle up personally?

Good question. Are you buying the beer?