SDMB Poker: Dead in the water?

Bold words, pilgrim.

:smiley:

to dag

i’ve always taken the position that if you make it here i’ll take care of the rest.

to oslo

in the spirit of the season. i felt like a pilgrim getting scalped by the indians.

are we on for tonight?

if so, what time?

and if you have changed the password because of my pending rule over you heathens then, meh.

how come i feel like a chewing up and spitting out night might be in the cards?

Because you dream big, peek?
:slight_smile:

The biotch is back, bbs!
8th place: Root
7th place: fubble
6th place: Mental Guy
5th place: Ast (botted out)
4th place: Peek
Bronze: Oslo
Silver: dag
Gold: Me, cuz I’m just cool like that

Sorry for not being there guys to keep Missy down, but had to be the single parent on a school night while the wife is at a conference in D.C.

No excuse, yeti. I’m the single parent 24/7 and still managed to kick tushie. You just have to get your priorities straight. :wink:

When is the game on?

Is there a password to play?

hey red the link is in post 53 and the password is cecil.

we also have aim loaded so that we can suitably “encourage” each other.

start is 9 central time.

from eighth to fourth to … do the math.

i’m not really sure why we use AIM anymore - the new client has a built-in chat window that can be expanded to a very useable size

works for me

Aw crap, I forgot to check back in this thread tonight, and I missed the start time. Count me in for next week though. Thanks for the heads up peeker.

in proving the theory that even a blind pig can find acorns i am pleased to announce that we have a new first time wiiner.

and i am double pleased to announce that that freaking fracking person is me

results from my coronation

1. peek
  2. robot arm
  3. yeticus
  4. mental guy
  5. missy
  6. ast
  7. fubble
  8. mind wanderer

and i may have screwed some of the places up by i know i got 1. right.

Oh, come on Robot. If you are going to river me like that, you need to use those chips to take out peeker.

You know, it’s just weird now to see the name Robot after we’ve been calling him Root because someone quite awhile back forgot to put the ‘b’ in his first name and it stuck…we just call him “Root” now…unless he wants to be called Robot again…

Root?

No, I needed your chips to take out Yeti. Then I squandered his chips to peeker.

“Root” was a mistake? I thought it was an affectionate shortening; a nickname of a nickname, as it were.

Whatever you call me is fine, just don’t call me late for dinner.

newbie faux paus. my bad.

i kind of like root better. rolls of the tongue nicely and has an amicable feel to it. gonna have to ditch the arm part, however. root arm doesn’t make sense, even to me.

First standings of the quarter (after the Nov. 5 game):

1 Dag Otto 71.9
2 Oslo Ostragoth 70.8
3 Miss Take 69.7

Second standings of the quarter (after the most recent game):

1 Dag Otto 71.9
2 Oslo Ostragoth 70.8
3 peekercpa 65.9
4 Miss Take 64.8
5 Robot Arm 61.0
6 fubbleskag 50.5
7 Asterion 39.4
8 MentalGuy 35.6

Everyone bear in mind that Asterion is hosting the games, but not necessarily playing.

Come one. Come All.

The new undisputed heavyweight champ will be on the felt again tomorrow. If you think you know what your are doing when it comes to poker, let us set you straight.

If you think you have cojones, let us get the grill going.

For the world’s greatest even be there tomorrow while the magnificent PEEK goes for two in a row.

Seriously, if you are not totally flat in the front join us for a very vigorous game of poker. it costs you your dignity but thats cheap on this board.

hey, mods can we sticky this or do i just need to bump it every fifteen minutes or so?