Search broken?

I’ve been trying to search for a thread on “make ahead turkey gravy” and keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /home/straightdope/boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/includes/class_core.php on line 3223

I just made the same search:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in /home/straightdope/boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/includes/class_core.php on line 3225

In the meantime, here’s the google search (there are several results - I have no idea which one you want):

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aboards.straightdope.com+make+ahead+turkey+gravy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Reported.

Me three:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /home/straightdope/boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/search.php on line 1008

If you search for “turkey + gravy” you don’t break the system.

Are you looking for a thread you saw sometime in the recent past? Last year. Or just in general?

And, maybe I have a better solution. I haven’t read the threads, but search the boards for “turkey +gravy + ahead.” That’s all. Don’t use “make,” which is a short word and causes fits.

You get 27 hits for the three terms I posted above.

Again, I didn’t read the threads, that’s your job.

Looking for a thread I saw some time recently, but I think it was actually from last year.

Weird that a phrase breaks the search engine. Has anyone else tried any 4-word searches lately?

It’s not about a “4-word search” but rather words that aren’t very common.

I know it’s frustrating. Such is our poor search engine.

And, I shouldn’t have said that “make” is a short word, rather a too common word which might bring up 1000’s of hits.

Did you go back and read the 27 threads which “turkey + gravy + ahead” produce? Was it one of them?

“easy bake oven” returns hits with no problems.