In honor of " Do People Remember You" thread, there are many of us who cannot remember someone’s name. This is a terrible affliction. Everyone has their own way to handle the situation gracefully or humorously. Before I share myself help tips, let me explain how bad I am with names.
Before we were married, hubby threw a surprise birthday party for me. I walked in and could not remember anyone’s names.( Except my cousins) Everyone else (co-workers, very close friends and neighbors) it was a blank. It was terribly annoying and humor helped me through it.
Here are my self help techniques:
Stick out your hand and say your name, following with one of these tag lines:
1.Damn Glad to Meet you!
2.Didn’t we meet while shooting Lions in Africa?
3.You look like someone famous.
4. You have the nicest eyes I’ve seen …(great pick up/charm the pants off them line.)
5.You’re so and so’s cousin? You definately inherited the looks and brains. ( Never fails to charm the pants off them)
6.Didn’t we meet in a Turkish Prison?
7.You must have met my evil twin sister before, cause I would never forget a face like yours.
8. I’m just here for the food and drinks.
9. I met so and so when we were working at a strip club.
10. ( One that only old people get) Don’t blame me, I voted for Dewey.
11. A chicken in every pot and a beer in every hand. Vote for me.
Anyone else have funny opening lines to help along the memory impaired.
Give a man a fish, he’ll eat for a day.
Give a man a remote and he’ll never speak again.