Separating immigrants from their children is child abuse.

The way it should be done is to follow the rule of law in the first place.

The rule was set expecting that ass-holes like the current administration would not be in a position to interpret it in the worst possible way. And then the rule of law can be said to have been twisted even further.

And now we can see one reason why Trump threatens to leave the UN Human Rights Council, those human rights are really a bother. :rolleyes:

yes, we’ll just pretend the sanctuary cities didn’t create the situation in the first place.

We’ll just realise that you have no good reply to what was posted so it stands.

(Emphasis mine)

The white privilege packed into this statement is pretty amusing. I bet it never occurred to the poster here that raising a child in an abject poverty is a form of child abuse. Have you? Of course not. Does the poster know that there are children in Central and South America whose whole existence rifling through trash to find food? If you saw a child in your neighborhood going through your trash cans for food, would you even register this as abnormal or even something reportable to the authorities? Or would you ignore it because, you know, it’s all good?

Your last paragraph is insufficient. This isn’t a policy “rooted in punishing parents” or “deterring future border crossing[s].” It is a policy rooted in white supremacy. It is rooted in the dehumanization of Hispanics. It is policy crafted to incite schadenfreude with Trump supporters.

This isn’t new. White folks deliberately separated Native Americans from their families, white folks deliberately separated African-Americans from their families, and white folks are deliberately separating Hispanic families from each other. White folks are masters at cloaking hateful policies under the thin veneer of “law and order” and manifest destiny".

What does this even mean?

And we’ll just realize that you can’t deal with reality. The sanctuary cities created an outlet to hide illegal aliens. The result is incarceration to prevent this from happening.

This highlights, in my view, the futility in the opposition. There is no way to get them to take responsibility for their actions. It’s always someone else’s fault. You’re inhumanely separating children from their families? It’s OK because the Democrats created the situation in the first place.

“Sanctuary cities” are to blame? Codswallop. Stuff and nonsense.

Ah, the “why are you making me hurt you?” Defense.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this snippet in another thread but believe it’s very relevant here. I’ve put the relevant portions in bold.

The Republicans, of course, will blame the child, the parent, and Democrats.

I’ve tolerated a lot of shit from MAGA voters. But to anyone who supports this kind of policy, fuck you - you’re no different than a Pole who winked and nodded at Auschwitz or a German who smiled at Jews being loaded on the train to Buchenwald. If this is you, if you believe that this is just and humane, then I shit on you. You fuckers are in that category.

The people who do this, there is a common story. They gather all the cash they can beg or borrow, and give it to unreliable men who will guide them on a dangerous journey. With no guarantee they will even arrive, much less be admitted. And if they fail, they either die or will be returned to whatever desperate situation moved them to flee in the first place. Worse off than when they left.

And they take their kids. How desperate and fearful would you need to be to take such a slim chance? How many have died trying, how many died after we sent them back. We have no idea, not the slightest.

This is an awful situation, likely to get worse, as Central America falls from brutal autocracy to mere anarchy. Can’t say with any honesty I know what to do. But I’m damn sure we can do better than this.

Let me tell you something that you may (or may not) get in the real-world: You and only you are responsible for your actions. The whole reasoning reminds me of those cowardly abusers beating their wife and telling her afterwards “It’s your fault I beat you” or “I only beat you because you mouthed off”. I just don’t get it.

This is fucking children up.

The Republican and Trump policy of blaming everyone else–Democrats, Sanctuary Cities, the parents, the children themselves–is outrageous. Trump could change this policy tomorrow. He has said, instead, that he will continue to enforce his appalling policy in order to gain leverage over Democrats.

He is literally holding small children hostage in order to advance his partisan purposes.

You’re an animal; you’re not human.

As others pointed, it is the bubble of information where you get your version of reality the one that is filled with nonsequiteur arguments and nonsense. And that reply of yours is just about the second time where there was no reply to what I posted, so that stands still.

He appears to believe that the immigrants are responsible for their own abuse. To blame the victims of authoritarian abuse is not just unconstructive and bizarre, but shows an appalling lack of empathy and perspective.

Many of these immigrants are continuing northward and crossing into Canada, where at least they’re treated humanely. Technically they aren’t permitted to apply for refugee status because of the Safe Third Country Agreement to which Canada and the US are signatories, stating that a refugee must apply for asylum in the first “safe” country in which he or she lands. This is increasingly being overlooked because the US is manifestly not a safe haven for most of these people, who are simply arrested and systematically deported. It’s been argued that the Safe Third Country Agreement is pretty much meaningless in Trump’s America, just like the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

All of which they’ve already done.

I didn’t create sanctuary cities. They’re being used to deliberately hide illegal aliens.This is not up for debate. That’s the reality of the situation. It was a deliberate political effort by the Democratic Party to circumvent the law. In what can only be described as a coordinated effort the sanctuary cities were fed by way of a catch-and-release initiative.

the only way to stop this is to end the catch-and-release program and incarcerate those breaking the law. That does not include their children. they’ go to shelters where they’re probably better cared for than their parents while they await foster care.

All this can easily be corrected by eliminating sanctuary cities and voting on the immigration act which should be an easy task for Democrats.

Yep, has nothing to do with the American addiction to drugs (causing cartel violence across the southern part of the continent and into South America) or the American addiction to cheap things (migrant labor for produce, cheap labor in food service/landscaping/housekeeping/etc.) or the American addiction to fucking with governments outside of our borders. Nope, just those dirty sanctuary cities giving illegals free rides and safe haven (which conveniently ignores those “STATES RIGHTS” so many on the right cry about).

And hell, let’s ignore that almost 1500 immigrant children, placed with people who are not their parents, in the US, are unaccounted for. They literally have no idea where they are.

And shit, can’t put them in federal detention. Let’s just throw them in an abandoned Wal-Mart or fucking tent cities.

“Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” was not a quote condoning the abuse of kids.