Seriously, this thread is closed?

https://boards.straightdope.com/t/trolls-r-us-resurrections/950518/3388?u=what_exit

Look, we have a rule which I quoted. The mods agreed the child support portion and the talk about men having a say in the decision the mother gets to make were in violation.

The rule was put in place almost 3 years ago and apparently the MRA stuff came up all too often. I was not a mod then and in fact none of the GD mods were mods then.

The conversation in the temporarily closed thread did cross the line and it did take awhile to reopen the thread due to the number of posts involved. There was a chance it would remain closed, that is not what was decided.

I know from experience when I just put a modnote into a thread like that with posts scattered throughout it is not enough. I have to find and address the posts that broke the rules.

If you have a problem with the rule, I guess that is another discussion, but remember, do not actually make the arguments in this thread. That is also against the rules. Your last line there is actually pushing it in my mind.

So I guess you would have to make your arguments without any whataboutism. Makes it hard, but that is how it works.

I’ll repost what you quoted from me.

Reposted

When a thread veers into the territory of conversations that are against the rules, (and it was the OP that pretty much took it there), closing it while sorting out the mess was a reasonable option. Leaving a Men’s Rights conversation going was not something I thought should be done but I didn’t have time to sort it all out and was the only GD mod online at the time. The other GD mods didn’t both get back to me after I actually went to sleep.

Weekends are funny that way, Mods have lives too, even me.

It took some work this morning to handle the posts that were in violation. Closing a thread for a day should not have drawn such an over the top response.