SESAME? You have got to be kidding me!

Its apparently not April the First either. SESAME is called the International Centre for Synchrotron-Light for Experimental Science and Applications in the Middle East . Its being built in Jordan.. Its membership includes

Its apparently no joke. Cyprus and Turkey. Iran and Israel.

Could someone tell me what they do?. I will be having a few words with my MP next I see him.

The voice-activated security door at their office wasn’t thought through very well, considering the fact that almost everyone knows the password already.

And I was expecting this to be from someone learning about security - there’s a fairly old security architecture called SESAME that’s based on Kerberos, and people always seem to giggle a bit the first time they hear about it.

Admittedly, it’s a dumb name (and I hate the idea of coming up with an acronym or initialism and backtracking to a name), but it sounds like a good idea; a multinational science research organization (and one in which Israel is working with Islamic countries!).

I imagine they are doing research of a scientifical nature.

What’s there to be surprised about?
It’s kind of like being surprised that someone would be doing experiments with a laser. Isn’t it a good thing that Israel and Iran can put aside politics and work together on basic research?

Well no, since the Israelis have been killing Iranianscientist associated with SESAME. Differences do not seem to have been put aside.
As it is you have a declared nuclear power, a known nuclear power and a wannabe nuclear power involved. With at least one failed nuclear power. These countries are all rather uneasy with each other and whatever the research can done seems to me to be of a very rudimentary type for security purposes.

If we’re discussing synchrotrons with special names, my favorite is the Photon Factory. Photon Factory - Wikipedia