Setting up a Straight Dope teamspeak server?

Yes. You can try it right now with a cheap pair of headphones and a sound recording program.

Damn those government actors. After they chew the scenery they raise your taxes to pay for replacements.

:smiley:

Maybe “agent” would have been a better word. But my point (which I know you know, but apparently some folks don’t) stands, there is no guarantee of free speech on a private message board. My god, this place would be full of trolls.

Quite well, actually.
The people on the other end can’t tell the difference. Just hang the headphones around your neck and plug them into the mic jack on your computer and then use your normal speakers for incoming sound.

Wow, cool. I never thought of that. I wish someone had suggested it before I bought a mic headset last year. If I didn’t want to look dorky, I definitely wouldn’t want to use that, either.

We’re going to treat this just like we do the IRC chat: Dopers are free to play there if they like but this is not an official Straight Dope anything, management assumes no responsibility, play at your own risk, etc.

You cannot use anything that is official: Not the trademarked Straight Dope name, not the logo, no Cecil Adams.

I’m good with putting a sticky on the board for you if you’d like for links.

How’s that?

Sounds eminently fair.

Alright :slight_smile: That’s really the best I could’ve hoped for. Going out tonight and there’s a bachelor’s party for a friend of mine tomorrow, so I’ll try to get the server set up in the weekend :slight_smile: Thanks for the help, TubaDiva! :slight_smile: