Okay, now I’ve lived in a church environment all my life. Obviously, I was taught that pre-marital sex is a sin. However, I have yet to find a verse in the Bible that says not to do it. After extensively searching (software, devotionals, friends and my youth pastor), I have established these rules in the Bible:
- If you are married, don’t have sex with someone else.
- Do not sleep with a relative.
- Do not sleep with someone else’s spouse.
- Do not sleep with someone of the same gender.
- Do not have sex with an animal.
I’ve checked NIV, KJV, NRS and a couple of others (on the software) and can find no verse other than these, and the verses I found are very clear with no room for other interpretation. All right, Bible-readers of the Teeming Masses, can you help?