Sex with an Amazon

It doesn’t involve women, but this is what passes for normal in one New Guinea tribe.

Again, no. All the evidence is that the majority of relations between various Indian populations and Europeans were consensual. Slave matings are a totally different issue.

I don’t know what your cites are for this, but it is simply not a figment of white authors’ imaginations. The historic, genetic, and anthropological evidence says that it was real.

No, i have no immediate cites, and it is slightly off-topic. Which is why I dropped it.
I might, if I get a burst of energy, do some research. We are talking about early on, right? Before whites subdued the indian population?
We’re messing with FMG’s high, I think. :wink:
mangeorge

Immediately. If I am guilty of such a frivolous association, then I request death by snoo-snoo.

Here’s a book which may be pertinent. I haven’t read it, so I don’t know if it mentions sexual activities in great detail. Anthropologist Ken Good writes about his marriage to a Yanomamo woman.

… getting pretty hard up huh?

First of all you gotta do that penis in the tube thing.
Then there’s bound to be something they’re gonna have to pierce and stick a bone through. An ear or the lip, maybe your nose or then there’s that penis in a tube thing again.
You gotta smoke or drink some nasty shit that’ll make you drool and puke, see the future and who knows what else. After that you’ll have to eat some big gooey grub worms and rub some pig shit all over your body. A little face paint and then… finally,
you can pick out some female with tits down to her knees and breath like <jeez> I can’t even imagine. Of course with that big plate in her lip and drool running down her chin you’ll probably wanna pass on the lip service.
But don’t worry, if you don’t get AIDS or who knows what else… you might just fall in love and have a big family.
Not unlike some of our own customs huh?
(reminds me of some goth chick I once knew) :smiley:

Although, that’s probably not the one of the tribes you were fantasizing about was it.

jimbeam. While this OP is pretty weird for General Questions, your comments were particularly out of place here, even though I know you were just doing parody.

samclem

You are right, I apologize. Didn’t realize this was GQ. Sorry

I’ve read somewhere that in South America, anal sex between a man and a woman occurs (apparantly) more often than in North America/Europe as its seen as a means of contraception. No cite sadly.

Didn’t think of that excellent episode of Futurama, but I did think of small quivering men being dragged off by large women into the rain forest :smiley:

Weird, probably. Serious, definitely! Jimbeam, thanks for the laugh!

(Snipped, to emphasize the good stuff.)
I’m right here, Lynda Carter. Do me. :eek:
mangeorge

<raising hand for Ale>

I recently read Undaunted Courage, which details the Lewis and Clark expedition (it’s based on their journals and the journals and letters created by men in the crew).

A belief prominent among various plains Native Americans (though not all) was that men of the tribe could gain some of the white men’s power if a white man had sex with one of their women. There were several instances of Lewis, Clark and others in the expedition being invited and/or pressured to have sex with the wife of a Native American. The husband would then have sex with her and take on some of the power of the guest.

My first thought was “You mean, how would the one boob thing work?”

When I read this (and the original journals) I made the unfounded assumption that these folks had a vague understanding of the need to add diversity to their gene pool. My assumption also applies to the practice of kidnapping women from other tribes.

I remember hearing somewhere that certain tribes in Africa find French kissing disgusting. Apparently there is a word for white people that translates to “Those who eat each other’s saliva.”

Sadly, I have no cite. I can’t even remember if I read this or saw it on TV.

A while back, in response to somebody’s assertion about the Masai people in Kenya, I e-mailed my nephew, who was an eye surgeon/missionary in Kenya at the time. One of the things he wrote back about was their sexual customs. Premarital and extramarital sex is common among the Masai. A man could temporarily stake a sexual claim on a woman by simply planting his spear (his actual spear, not a figure of speech) by the door of her hut. This is true even for a married woman, presumably when her husband is out of town.

The Masai are cattle herders by tradition, and it’s a rough life. The typical diet is a handful of grain per day. You may have read about them drinking a mixture of milk and cow’s blood, but that’s only for major ceremonies.

My nephew said HIV is not yet a big problem in Kenya, but it’s only a matter of time.

That’s another keyboard ruined.[size 1] wipes coffee off self and keyboard [/]