Sexiest Scientist Ever?

One of the World’s Smartest People - is she hot or not?

Marilyn vos Savant

I say not. At least, not intellectually. She has a staff that answers many questions for her. I have no cite, except that they called me once about a question, which I answered for them. It appeared in her column without any reference to me or anyone else, in fact.

So maybe her staff, when they call other people, collectively are the smartest person in the world. :slight_smile:

Wonder Woman’s a scientist.

Damn, Scribble, you had me getting all hot and bothered until I realized you were a chick. Damn.

I’d have to vote for Feynman, too.

I guess I can’t vote for fictional scientists? 'Cause Dana Scully is hot!

Hmm…my first girlfriend was a linguist. Does that count? She was damn sexy.

(If I was a chick, and he wasn’t dead, I’d vote for Feynman also.)

I’m gonna have to go with Hedy Lamarr.

Yowza.

I have to go with Fontini Markopoulou Kalamara. She is a physicist. She works at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario. (That is basically the Canadian version of the Institute for Advance Study). She is hot. And really smart. She was profiled in the December 2002 issue of Scientific American.

Slee

Paul Erdos

Why, of course it has to be him!

Richard Feynman - the man had everything!

Clifford Stoll makes one damn yummy astronomer, even if that’s not what he became famous for.

Terminus–I’m in Ohio. And, I’m sorry to say, the shades don’t do much for me. :slight_smile: <----(Note–no sunglasses.)

Curious–Yes, I’m much happier now. Thank you.

Green Bean–Sorry to burst your bubble. Deal with it. :slight_smile:

Hedley!

What, no one picked Stephen Hawking?

what?
what?

(so going to hell for that one. Although his nurse did divorce her husband to marry him, so he’s got to have something going on.)

I’ve got a tie here. Geobabe and Brachyrynchos.

Green Been, I can do all those things. Of course, it is out of character for a physicist, but I’m more than willing to participate in a contest against Terminus. By definition, he just about has to come in last.

Scribble, I don’t need a scam. I retired from science and took up a profession that earns an income. And, I look way better in sunglasses. I’ve got a neck, shoulders and everything.

p.s. If you want to find hot scientist, don’t attend a conference on gravity.

That’s right, I’ll be the last man standing, baby.

SlowMindThinking, you have Real Job and all. That automatically disqualifies you from the ranks of True Scientists. :dubious:
I took the sunglasses off. Is that better?

Dr. Charlotte Uhlenbroek. End of discussion.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/who/charlotte_uhlenbroek.shtml

SlowMindThinking, I am not running any kind of scam! I’m insulted that you would think I was some sort of charlatan.

I really do (or did) all the stuff I listed in my first post. I did all those field work things so I could get the data for what will be (if I’m lucky, and everything works out) my thesis. So there. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Incidentally, “SlowMindThinking” is a rather odd name for someone with a nerdly, science-y background. Was it an attempt at sarcasm? If so…keep your day job. :slight_smile: )

I have to disagree with the OP. I’ve met Jane Goodall-- slapped a lav mic on her during a speech to 200 teens. She is neither sexy, nor good looking.

My vote goes to my wife: she is the essence of sex appeal among all comers, not just scientists. Her booty is fine; her dancing stuns crowds and draws applause; she writhes like nobody’s business; her backup career is high-$ stripper; she posed nude in a student magazine while she was a member of student government.

She’s hot, and she’s all mine :slight_smile: Now if only I could find a picture online to prove it to all of you.