Sexy Sadie, what have you done?

India’s answer to Oral Roberts, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, has proposed a “field-tested, peaceful approach based on the wisdom of the Vedic tradition to eliminate terrorism and create permanent world peace.” His method calls for “the the establishment in India of a group of 40,000 experts trained in proven Vedic technologies of defense, including Transcendental Meditation and related techniques, to neutralize the acute tensions and fears gripping the world today.”

All he’s asking for is an endowment of $1 billion. This would “sustain the 40,000 professional ‘peace-creators’ on a permanent basis.”

Call me skeptical, but I think the money would be more useful elsewhere at this time.

1. Great title choice.

2. What a crackpot. Hasn’t he been disgraced enough?

What disturbs me is that he’s already raised $40 million. Christ, people, listen to the white album!

Didn’t a group of these clowns try this over a weekend in DC once already? Except they were trying to affect the violent crime rate. If I remember rightly, the crime figures for that weekend actually came out slightly higher than the averages predicted. They then made the obvious claim of “Yeah, but think how bad it would have been were we not here.”

I’ll see if I can find the details somewhere on the 'net.