SF Audio Reccommendations?

Heya!

I realized that while I consider myself a SF/Fantasy fan, I’ve been reading almost exclusively fantasy. I also realized that I’m getting my lit through audiobooks, not paper ones. So I’d like some recs, if you have them!

Well, you say, what kind of SF? It’s a big genre. Some examples of likes/dislikes/etc:

Like: Optimistic stories. Classic SF (Heinlein, Bradbury, Asimov, Tiptree, etc). Women authors/protagonists. I’d love to read more SF from nonwhite authors. I’m not a huge Star Wars fan, but I’ve heard that some of the new novels are good.

Dislike: Hard SF that goes too much into tech. Grimdark futures. Military SF. Romances. Anything that covers generation after generation and requires a map and/or geneology chart (Mostly a fantasy issue, and yes I know that would exclude much of Heinlein, but he’s the exception).

Who wants to rec me a good one?

I saw the thread title and my first thought was The Shoreline Amphitheatre.

Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, specifically the Graphic Audio versions which utilize many different voice actors, sound effects, and music.

Their slogan is “It’s like a movie in your mind” and it kind of is. They read the entire books, too. It’s not adaptations. It’s amazing.

Not an audiobook but a BBC radio series, which I think meets your optimistic classic sci-fi tastes: Charles Chilton’s Journey Into Space. I have read that it was the last radio programme to beat the TV in the ratings, back in the 50s.

A quick google shows links on the front page to amazon, archive.org and something called oldtimeradiodownloads.com, so it should be possible to access. If you’re in Britain it’s also not rare to hear it on Radio 4Extra.