Sha Boom Sha Boom, LLuuhhLLuuLLuh!

For you musical types, what is the name for these odd vocalizations in 1950’s pop music? I always wondered what this stuff meany (“shalah la-lalla-la”. How did songwriters come up with this stuff? Is it meant to cover up mispronounced words?:confused:

Sounds like you’re talking 'bout doo-wop. Not to be confused with scat, which is more of a jazz thing.

Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop Cumma Cumma Wang Dang

Look, how else would you tell the world that you’ve got a girl named Ramalama Ramalamadingdong; and she’s everything to you, this Ramalama Ramalamadingdong, and you’ll never let her free, because she’s yours, all yours?

If you’ve got a girl named Ramalama Ramalamadingdong, and she’s fine to you, your Ramalama Ramalamadingdong, what happens if some people refuse to believe that she’s yours, all yours?

You’d want to let them know, musically, that you love her so; and you’ll never, ever let her go. You’d want them to be certain that she’s yours, all yours; indeed, she’s yours all of the time.

Then it would be clear that you’ve got a girl named Ramalama Ramalamadingdong; and she’s everything to you, this Ramalama Ramalamadingdong, and you’ll never let her free, because she’s yours, all yours.

:frowning: Having posted that, I just learned that George Jones Jr., lead singer of the Edsels, passed away 3 days ago.

Thanks for the harmonies, Mr. Jones.

Not to mention the doowap number that never made it into The King and I: “We’ve got a Prince name of Rama Chulalongkorn.” :smiley:

And how else can you ask ‘Who Put the Bomp in the Bomp, Bomp, Bomp?’

Who was that man? I’d like to shake his hand.

Let’s get it straight: it’s “bomp-sh’bomp-sh’bomp”. :rolleyes:

If you find out, let me know - I’ve got a Ram-a-lama-ding-dong laptop that needs more RAM installed and I hear he’s the guy to do it.

:confused: What? No it isn’t! There is no sh’bomp! There’s a sh’bop, and of course the classic sh’boom, but nobody ever put the bomp into a sh’bomp! The bomp clearly goes into the bomp-ba-bomp-ba-bomp, just as the bop goes into the bop-sh’bop-sh’bop.

If you tried to put the bomp into a sh’bomp, you’d probably risk a serious injury to your boogety-boogety-boogety-shoop.

Shakespeare - To be or not to be.
Voltaire - To be is to do.
Descartes - To do is to be
Sinatra - Do be do be do.