Share some surnames and let's see if we's kinfolk

Pshaw! You don’t say! :smiley:

Mother’s side - all I know is: Holt, Moore, Brannan

Father’s side all I know is my own, and it’s pretty darn unique. Enough so that googling it almost guarantees you’ll come up with me or my immediate family, so I’m not going to share it here.

McDonald as well - ours came from the Isle of Rum :smiley: to Nova Scotia in the 1820’s.

Also: Morrell, Strickler, Payne, Curphey, Finch (back to the Winthrop expedition), Chapman, Hayward, Hay, Brown, Clancy, Perkins, Udall.

Hey, Palazola was the name of my very best friend in grade school! One Z.

As for me, one my mother’s side, I’m Flury(or Fluri) and Stoker(and that can be spelled all sorts of ways). That’s the Swiss side of the family. Also McCormick. My dad is Emrich and Perry.
-Lil

Alrighty, let’s see…

Cessna of Pennsylvania

Dennis of Texas

McHargue of Scotland (use to be Graham)…then Ireland (when they fled the Graham clan and messed with the name a bit) …then eventually to Washington/Oregon.

Lamborn of Bath, England - now Utah

Heller of Switzerland, now Utah

Those are the main surnames that run through my veins :wink:

Anyone from the Smies family around? We Mercotans are related to a number of Smieses.

Beauchamp, Dixon, Fountain, Adams, Parker, Dennis, Bozman and others from old Somerset Co., MD.

White, McElroy and McLendon of the Whiteites in Georgia.

Key (not the Francis Scott family though), Tandy, Palmer, Watts and Townsend of Virginia.

And if you descend from a Freeman in Massachusetts you probably descend from Edmund Freeman of Pulborough and so do I.

Damn, nothing with anyone else so far unless Pensandfeathers’s Dennis family goes back to Donnock.

Could very well be related – several of us Italians had name changes when coming over to the States, and to be honest, I can’t remember if the cousins of mine spell theirs with one Z or two.

The closest I come to anybody in here is racer’s McDonald with a Donaldson on my mother’s side.

'Course my dad’s side has a name that’s fairly rare even back in Germany. I have never met anybody with my same last name who wasn’t a relative. We’ve been here since at least 1720; you’d think there’d be a few more of us!

That’s okay, we’ve got McMillans, Traders, and Campbells by marriage and there’s tons of them. Y’know, in case I needed to get an army together or go to a movie or something.

The only names I know about are Carpenter, Roberts, West, and Behan.

Just a handfull: Stephenson, Byars, Cook of TN and Stephens of TX.

Lund and Bogenholm, both of Sweden.
Anderson from Norway (yeah, yeah, me and half my state).
Mayavski and Sandowski from Poland.
Sowa and Kranz from Germany.

Wilton > Originally from Cornwall
Dunwoodie (alt. Dinwiddie) > Scotland/Ireland
Groombridge > Kent
Hanniver > Ireland
O’Meara > Ireland
Barlow > Yorkshire
Most of the surnames in my ancestry are common, dime a dozen sorts of names like White, Smith, Turner, etc. The ones I’ve listed are the less common names.

The link to my website is in my profile. There’s more information on my family history there.

Going back four generations:
Webster - Connecticut
Karl - Germany/Connecticut
Twining - Maryland
Burton - Maryland
Chew - Georgia
Cox - North Carolina
Cromerty - North Carolina

I’m afraid I don’t know my Father’s paternal Grandmother’s Maiden Name off the top of my head.

All in New England:

Keeping

Sheppard – yes, that particular spelling

Colman – note the lack of an “e”

Graf – from Lautskirchen bei Zaarbrucken

Ther are other English ancesters but I’d have to dig up the genealogical stuff that’s tucked away somewhere.

Madgwick - WV > Australia > England

Graham - Australia > Scotland

Edmond - Australia > England

Barry - Australia > Ireland (Athlone)

Littlejohn - Australia > England

A few more…

Flowers from MD and NC

Goldsborough from MD

Golden from AL

I’m not a fenealogist, so … I guess that makes me …

::sighs and hangs head::

a bit of a geek.
Oh. OK. I’ll admit it. I’m a GEEK. :smiley:

nor a typist !

feneologist :smack:

We have Lusts and Suessemilch from Germany and Hall and Bell of Texas and environs.

Not all that helpful :smiley: