Share your Covidiot stories

Oddly enough most of the Marines I’ve known IRL are not stupid at all. However, many of the people I know claiming to have been Marines…that’s a different story.

And you’ll probably get grief over adding the word fat in front of fuck.

By the way, anyone else recall all those people saying “The constitution is not a suicide pact” so people, other people of course, should not be complaining about their rights being violated way back around 11 September 2001? I’m sure you can figure out what their political bent was.

Sorry: weight-challenged American.

Perhaps your masks are different from the ones I’ve seen, on which the eye loop attachment points are on the white side. The other side is blue and is the one meant to be facing out.

The elastic attachment points should be on the outside so the mask fits closer to the face. It sounds like your masks were incorrectly made. Nevertheless I continue to see people wearing them wrong. I had to go to the tire shop (had nails and leakage in 2 tires!) and while everyone was wearing masks, many had them on wrong. The ones that made me the angriest were those with P95 masks one one of the elastics just hanging down from it. Health care workers are dying because they can’t get properly fitted N 95 masks and some idiot has them but can’t be bothered to even wear them correctly. Also, to the guy next to me, you see everybody else in this waiting room has these things in their ears? They’re called earphones and they connect to your phone so that we can each listen to what we want and I don’t have to hear your sporting event.

I’m sure it was the first with the “we don’t care” attitude.

The online grocery is just swamped. They are understaffed to handle the load they would be getting in this current situation, if the app didn’t schedule pickup times. Basically, the load is constrained to prevent 8 people needing pickup at one time.

And that assumes everyone is working as scheduled. With call outs, they have everyone who can running picks. Managers are making picks. And in my store, one morning they announced there was a confirmed case for an employee. That morning, 5 or 6 OGP folks just left. That was a bad day.

That said, there are plenty of folks just not taking this seriously. Like the ones who are there every day. Not wearing a mask. We have some customers that are really sensitive, some who are giving it an effort to comply, and plenty who are oblivious. Not wearing masks, crowding the line even though there are marked spots to wait.

As a cashier and self-checkout host, I’m required to check IDs for alcohol and tobacco purchases. At the self-checkouts, I have to go up to the screen to enter the data. Plenty of folks are oblivious that they need their ID - that’s normal. But many people stand right in front of the machine so I can’t get to it or have to reach over from the side. Do you know how hard it is to hit touch screen buttons from the side? It’s hard to get your contact point in the right spot, and these people are forcing interaction from inches away rather than backing off a smidgen - you know, social distancing.

But one of my biggest annoyances is the store staff not wearing masks until finally made mandatory, and even then most are wearing them wrong. They typically have their mouth covered but nose exposed. Yes, I know it’s hard to breathe and the air is warm and it makes your glasses fog up. Deal with it. Sadly, some of the culprits are the managers.

The other concern is folks in the breakroom. Yes, I know you have to remove your mask to eat and drink, but the room didn’t magically get larger to allow social distancing. I quit bringing my lunch and drive home, but I only live about 10 minutes away. J

A month ago my entire neighborhood was all on board with social distancing and “flattening the curve”. We mostly stayed inside, kept distance outside, reprimanded one another’s children if they were being unsafe.

As soon as the weather turned pleasant, everybody shrugged “what are you gonna do” and started talking about barbecues and pool parties.

These aren’t the uneducated “give me liberty and give me death” bunch. Just a bunch of people who acted like frightened rabbits in March, and then decided “fuck it” in May because sunshine is nice. INCLUDING A FAMILY WHO HAD COVID AND POSTED ON FB HOW AWFUL IT FELT AND RECOVERED FROM IT. INCLUDING A FAMILY WITH A MEDICALLY FRAGILE CHILD WITH RESPIRATORY ISSUES.

People are idiots. We deserve to die.

Or they’re in there looking at everything to make their dollar stretch as far as they can. And no, not everyone has internet or smart phone access: example A, my father. Or they’re picking up prescriptions. Or they work when the only pick up times are available - or asleep.

I think part of the problem with the breakroom is a mistaken psychological perception of it being a “safe zone”, built up from our regular use as a room away from the customers and being full of people we know/work with. I know I initially had that reaction, and had to consciously * think* “this is not a cleanroom”.

Are they having them or just talking about them?

People are human and don’t deserve to die because they’re getting cabin fever (don’t know where you are, but winter fairly closely preceded the start of stay-at-home here in metropolitan Chicago) and start talking/planning/daydreaming about doing things that have been irresponsible or unduly risky only in the last few months and were cherished staples of human life for years (generations!) before that. :dubious:

I’ve been obeying the stay-at-home order, including mask-wearing a few weeks before it became mandatory, but I’ve also been utilizing the exceptions in it including exercising, grocery shopping, and carry-out dining without “rationing” them. Golf is now allowed here with various restrictions, and I’m looking forward to golfing in a week or two. Moreover, I’ve been looking forward to it since the prospect of allowing golf was announced, so I was contemplating [del]the death of the king[/del] doing something in the near future that wasn’t allowed at the time I discussed it. :rolleyes:

Are any of those protesting covidiots demanding that libraries and/or bookstores be opened?

Snerk! I haven’t seen it.

Knowledge?!? That shit’s CONTAGIOUS!

I just saw a news item from Michigan where a Dollar Store security guard was shot and killed over an argument with a customer who refused to wear a face mask. Fucking hell, man.

I’m not saying that the parking lot should be empty, but what I am saying is that if your typical Wal-Mart parking lot is perpetually 3/4 full, I would think that they could find ***EIGHT ***people at any given time who are doing pickup orders.

That’s the part that perplexes me. I could totally see if all 8 slots are perpetually full, and people say “Screw that, I’ll just go in.” But it’s actually LESS full now that we’re under lockdown than beforehand. Beforehand, it wasn’t uncommon to find 6 out of the 8 slots full. Now if there’s more than 2-3, it’s extremely unusual.

Speaking as a fat fuck, feel free to call out anybody you want for egregious stupidity. And 40 quatloos says the closest the aforementioned fat fuck (no, not me. The other guy!) has ever gotten to the Marine Corps was watching Sands of Iwo Jima on cable one night.

From the DailyMail: Incredible moment Kentucky Covidiot explains she has cut a hole in her face mask because it ‘makes it easier to breathe’

“Customer Of Size” (Credit: Southwest Airlines)

My brother always liked to preen about being a Korea veteran, and even had it in his obituary and on his tombstone. Well, technically he was. He joined the Army two weeks before the Korean War ended and got the service ribbon. He spent his entire tour in Anchorage.

On the WalMart online/pickup thing:

There have been empty shelves for a number of items, and generally with the online order, you are not informed of missing / substituted items until pickup. Given that the shortages are because those are the very items people most want to buy, it may be that people want to be in a position to make substitutions like pinto beans instead of black beans without having to go through the hassle of another order/pickup cycle that may not work either. If you are in the store, you can substitute something, or ditch that menu plan completely, which may mean you don’t now need the 2-3 other ingredients that went with the missing item.

The computerized in-store inventory systems are not reliable even for pharmaceuticals which are tightly controlled by well trained staff. They are nearly useless for items that can be stolen or moved by customers, and newish employees may not be able to find when filling an order. I’m hearing 2-3 day lead times between order and pickup, which is a lot of time for an item to sell out, or a delivery be delayed.

At any rate, that is what makes ME far less likely to use the online pre-order option now than in the past.

I was doing curbside pick-up at a liquor store the other day and a mom, dad, and three school-age boys walked in, holding but not wearing masks. So they apparently don’t understand how social distancing, masks, or liquor stores are supposed to work.