She said yes!

For the few people who wanted to know from my “engagement ring question” thread - She said yes!

I had a ring made with a small diamond (I sacrificed collusions for color) and two sapphires (her birthstone - and favorite) flanking it.

On Friday I took a half-day off of work to take her out to lunch for her birthday which was Saturday. She was not expecting a thing as we had talked a few months back about marriage and I told her it would probably be several months away before I would ask her. Plus I had already bought her a cool old steamer trunk she had fallen in love with.

After lunch we went walking on the lakefront to watch the dogs romping around the dog beach. The weather was perfect. We walked out to the end of this huge pier and I got down on one knee and asked her.

Her eyes got huge and teary. When I stood up she grabbed me and held me telling me how much she loved me.

“Does that mean yes?”, I asked.

“Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.”

And she kissed me.

We stood there hugging for a long time.

I love her. I am so lucky.

Wow…what a nice story. :slight_smile:

Congrats and best of wishes to you.

Congratulations!!!

I wish you and your soon to be bride all the best.

Awwww… :slight_smile:

sniffle That’s so incredibly sweet. Congratulations to both of you!

Congrats!

:slight_smile:

Yay! :slight_smile:

That’s wonderful! I’m all teary eyed!

That’s super, Mooch. Love is definitely in the air. I think there are four or five of us Dopers that have become engaged in the last few weeks. Congratulations.

Congratulations! :smiley:

yay! Congrats.

Congrats!
It’s good to hear of someone finding happiness.

Congrats!
You are lucky to have each other.:slight_smile:

Woo Hoo, You Two!! Congratulations!!!

Ditto. Congrats to you both :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

Congrats, Mooch! It was a good thread, too. I think that one’s gonna be of some use to me…

Way to go! :slight_smile: Good luck to you both!!!

aww and to think I forced my hubby to ask me. Made him get down on one knee and everything mwahahahahaha

it’s nice to know romantics exsist. You should write a book.
Major congrats!

At the end of the pier?

Brings new meaning to walking the plank …

:smiley:

Congratulations.

Do the dogs approve?