shocking & Disgusting Local News Item--NSFW

Who says nothing ever happens in a small town.
We have a local Amazon Warehouse, & this was found—
L8ink is NSFW

You remember those giggles I got from the ‘sex toys for pets’ thread? Yeah…that’s gone now.

WTF. I just…wtf…

Comments section suggests it was just an ordinary blow-up doll. The “sick & disgusting” part was (ahem) artistic license by the local Fox affiliate.

So it’s a sex toy made in china that resembles a child’s torso?

or possibly not.

Even if it is, I’m neither shocked nor disgusted.

Yeah, from the description, it’s not clear how the worker got “child” out of it. Of course, they’re being deliberately vague, too.

WGNS is not a Fox affiliate, as far as I can tell.

Also, the article says that the “child torso” description came from the police report.

The picture was of a child , even if the doll is adult.

The implication is that the factory also makes a child version and they put the wrong picture on.

WAS there an actual picture of a child on the box? Or rather your typical Asian-comics “schoolgirl” caricature? (or for that matter an 18 y/o Asian, who to Western eyes looks really immature)

However, my conclusion would rather be that, like a lot of other sexually-oriented merchandise, they sell the same thing over and over and just change the pictures on the box.

I’m fine with it… So what if it’s a child blow-up doll?, better that than using a real child anyway.

Sensationalize much, sorry but your headline and the NSFW spoiler box really set the scene for something much more heinous imo. shocking no, disgusting yeah, NSFW? why?

Supposedly the thing is from China. Considering harmful levels of what’s been found in the manufacturing of other items, maybe this is a new castration technique. :slight_smile:

I can’t figure out the last sentence. Did Amazon refuse to give the addresses to the police? Is one cop writing about another cop?

On one hand… How could they determine the drawing was of a child? It’s probably just a standard adult blow up doll like we all have in the closet and under the bed and in several drawers. I mean, I’m lousy with them myself.

But, and I’m almost always burned by doing this, I’m going assume they’re all intelligent adults and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don’t have a cite handy, but I recently read that the personal massagers sold in magazines and such are not actually intended for use on tired muscles.

:eek:

The story was released through an outlet in a small, Southern town.
So “vague” is the default setting for sex.

Which is one reason why, in the absence of other information, the needle on my bullshitometer is hovering around “Hysterical Overreaction”.