Should a bridemaid wear beige?

I certainly don’t mean to “quibble”, but:

“I told them they could choose their own dresses, but I get to veto if I don’t like it…she showed me the fabrics she chose, which included a sort of toile print in pink and green over a beige background for the skirt. I thought it would be ok since the top of the dress was to be pink. …Well, last night she showed me the dress. It is made entirely out of the beige fabric. There is no pink fabric whatsoever…But the dress looks quite different than the dress she originally intended and that I OK’d.”

She didn’t leave it completely up to them; she reserved veto power and OKed one design. If I were a bridesmaid and discussed one thing, I would feel bad changing it (during a time I know would be stressful for the bride) and certainly at least let her know. This is assuming there was no miscommunication during the initial conversation.

Hard to say, my monitor isn’t color-calibrated, but I think ash is a good guess. To bad they don’t label the pictures with dress info! Watters (a better BM dress maker) has a Candlelight that’s close, they seem to have about five different shades that Very Pale color that I see all the time now.

And yet, you do. I don’t know if you actually disagree with me, or if you’re just engaging in the gratuitous correcting and nitpicking that so frequently passes for sport around here. If you disagreed with me, you should have said so. If it’s just the nitpicking, go nuts, but forgive me if I don’t join you.

Ghamina, good job getting your perspective back. Have a lovely wedding. :slight_smile:

You adorable person… I’m sorry, I was talking about all the smokers. They cracked me right up.

Ditto!

I didn’t think I was quibbling, hence the quotes. I know it’s not the end of the world, but I did think I was making a valid point* and not just arguing for its own sake.

*To wit,

Bride said propose a dress, but I get to say no.
Bridesmaid proposes dress, bride agrees.
Bridesmaid changes dress without telling bride.
Bride is (justifiably IMHO) upset.
Truly, I’m sorry if I came across as rude.

:blush:

Good for you! You’re going to have an awesome day!

I really don’t want to beat this to death, and I appreciate the apology, which truly wasn’t necessary. But if your point was that IYO Ghamina was justified in being upset, and that you disagreed with my opinion, you could have just said so without nitpicking my post (I said “she left it up to her,” you say “she didn’t quite leave it up to her”) as if my analysis was fundamentally incorrect, which, IMO it wasn’t. Yes, you used quotes, but I don’t think that quoting the language one chooses to laser in on (at the expense of the larger point being made) exempts one from a charge of nitpicking.

I’m honestly not picking on you – I like you – but I have really noticed an increase in the already high prevalence at hyper-correction around here, and it’s starting to piss me off. (I made a spelling error in a thread recently, and no fewer than three posters dropped in to point it out to me, not one of whom addressed the point I was making, and two of whom were so eager to register their correction they couldn’t even read the other responses first in order to see that the correction had already been made.) But I think perhaps that irritation caused me to jump on you unfairly, and for that I do apologize. The difference is that your apology wasn’t necessary but upon review, mine is. Pax?

And well after the wedding, the lady looked up and said to herself: “Beige, I think I’ll paint the ceiling beige.”

Comma fault, comma fault; Jodi made a comma fault! :stuck_out_tongue:

(And Muffin runs like hell out of this thread, knowing that he does not have long to live.)

Of course! I know you are always very precise in your analysis and I didn’t mean to imply that you were incorrect. :smack:

Oh, please. Imply away. I see I was quite far up on my high horse there; I’ve recovered. Note how I’m ignoring Muffin, who will get his later and when he least expects it. [sub]muh-wahahahaha[/sub]

Sorry for the hijack, everyone. Have a blessed wedding, Ghamina. Please post pictures, not of the bridesmaids but of the bride. :slight_smile:

Good for you, Ghanima. As Dr. Phil says, do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?

Something tells me it will be beautiful wedding, and an even better marriage.

Blessings.

You will post updates after the big day, I hope? I know you’ll be busy, but priorities, girl. :smiley: