Should we be concerned for today's youth?

That’s why teen pregnancy rates are down?

I’d like to say first that I would’ve gone for it if a girl wanted to blow me when I was thirteen.
That having been said, I don’t think this issue is about whether kids have been doing it, or what Herodotus thought about it, but whether they should be doing it.
First, and any women on the list can reject this if they want to, a thirteen year old girl blowing a thirteen year old boy in the bathroom probably doesn’t have her life on the right track. (She could at least blow a sixteen year old who has a car.)
Second, there’s not a whole lot you can do to stop them. It’s an issue of social acceptance, at their level not ours, when a kid gets caught doing it and other kids aren’t bothered by it. (i.e. The other boys would still go out with a girl who got caught doing it. Hell, why wouldn’t they? They probably line up. She could just kneel next to the row of urinals.)
And finally, at least they’re not doing it in the hall yet.

Um, did you read the entire article? It says,

The abortion rate consistently INCREASED through the 70’s and 80’s, and only recently started decreasing – partly because abortion has resulted in a lower number of twenty-something women to get pregnant.

Actually, teen pregnancy rates rose from the 70’s to the 90’s. The rate did start to decline toward the mid-90’s, but I suspect that was primarily due to the HIV scare more than anything else.

Perhaps another reason is that abortion became legal?