Shows and Movies where real-life family members play characters who are family members

Liza Minnelli played Judy Garland’s young daughter in In the Good Old Summertime (for a single shot).

I should’ve known YouTube would have it: - YouTube

A few episodes of CSI:NY had Danny’s brother, Louie. He was played by Carmine Giovinazzo’s cousin (whose name escapes me).

My Three Sons.

Stanley Livingston’s brother Barry played his adopted brother. I think. Wasn’t watching it by the time Barry came on board.

Gob Bluth, played by Will Arnett, marries a nameless seal trainer played by his wife Amy Poehler.

Did’nt Charlie Sheen play a young President Bartlett on the West Wing? Or was that Emilio?

Another one from the latest season Doctor Who - Mark Sheppard plays a character in 1969, and his father W. Morgan Sheppard plays the same character in 2011.

I think the twins on Everybody Loves Raymond were the younger brothers in real life of the girl who played the daughter.

Charleton Heston’s son was the baby moses, and the couple on “The League” are actually married.

No. A young Jed Bartlet (note, just one “t” in his last name) appeared only once that I recall, and was played by Jason Widener, who was no relation to Martin Sheen as far as I know.

What? No mention of Webster where married couple Alex Karras and Susan Clark played a married couple?

In the Sopranos, Silvio and Gabriella Dante were played by real-life husband and wife Steven and Maureen Van Zant.

In It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Charlie obsesses over the unnamed waitress, who is played by Charlie Day’s real-life wife, Mary Elizabeth Willis. I could also point out that real-life husband and wife, Rob McElhenney and Kaitlin Olson, play part of “the gang,” but there’s no relation on the show.

And separately, on an episode of NCIS, Mark played the younger version of the character played by his father (who is, incidentally, a very nice and interesting man - I met him at a convention.)

Wow, we’ve been missing a really obvious one: Lucy and Desi Arnaz playing Lucy and Ricky Ricardo on I Love Lucy.

And speaking of married couples, real-life married couple Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy played Joe and Alma Finley in Cocoon. I think they have played a married couple elsewhere as well.

Yes, in batteries not included.

Bill Murray’s brother Joel was the only brother Bill had who didn’t play a family member in Scrooged. Joel played the Christmas party guest of brother John Murray who had the role of James Cross, younger brother of Bill’s Character Frank.

Bill’s other brother Brian Doyle Murray played Earl Cross, the father of his character.