Shows and Movies where real-life family members play characters who are family members

This is the one I was going to post. One of my favorite movies.

You left out brothers Christopher and Nicholas Guest as brothers Bob and Charley Ford.

Not quite what you’re asking, but you have to note that Geraldine Chaplin played her own real-life grandmother in Chaplin.

In The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, Dwayne and Darryl Hickman played brothers Dobie and Davy Gillis.

Currently Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez are playing father and son in The Way.

John Voight and Angelina Jolie played father and daughter in Laura Croft: Tomb Raider.

Sylvester Stallone’s son Sage played Rocky Balboa’s son in Rocky 5.
Laura Dern’s real mother, Diane Ladd, played her mother in David Lynch’s Wild at Heart.

The funniest part of Hot Shots! is a spoof of Apocalypse Now, where the Sheens are on different gunboats passing each other on a river, and their voiceovers start to clash. They stand, face each other, point and shout, “You were great in Wall Street!”

Ralph Fiennes played the adult Voldemort. His nephew, Hero Fiennes-Tiffin, portrayed Tom Riddle as a child in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsF/67610-27204.gif

John de Lancie’s son Keegan played his character Q’s son in the Star Trek Voyager episode “Q2”: Keegan de Lancie | Memory Alpha | Fandom

Patrick Stewart’s son Daniel played his character Picard/Kamin’s son in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode “The Inner Light”: Daniel Stewart | Memory Alpha | Fandom

Dierdre Hall and her twin sister Andrea played Dr. Marlena Evans and her evil twin sister Samantha on Days of our lives.

I was thinking about that when I posted, but the line (if I may pick a nit) was “I loved you in Wall Street!”

I never saw the movie, but apparently Martin’s character disapproved of his son’s wild and out-of-control behavior. Life immitates art!

Y’know, I think you’re right. Thanks. That nit has been well-picked.

Jill Hennessey (Law & Order, Crossing Jordan) and her twin sister Jacqueline played twins in the movie Dead Ringers.

Twins Randy and Jason Sklar frequently appear together as twins, most notably for me as agents in Entourage, where one of them sleeps with the other one’s wife.

Susan Sarandon has appeared with her daughter Eva Amurri (who looks just like her IMO) in the movie The Banger Sisters, and also in an episode of Friends.

No problem. I love that movie.

One unusual one. The newborn Sofia Coppola played the baby being baptized in The Godfather (although the baby was supposed to be a boy). The baby’s mother was played by Talia Shire, who is Coppola’s aunt.

In The Godfather Part III, Sofia Coppola and Talia Shire played niece and aunt.

In kind of a funny twist on the Friends episode, Sarandon and Amurri played actresses who were not necessarily related, but were in turn playing Mother and Daughter in a soap opera.
Yes, I know way too much about Friends. It’s my wife’s fault.

Didn’t Emilio and Charlie do some movie where they worked as garbagemen together?

No Ozzie and Harriet? Easily the first thing I thought of, and it was off the air before I was born. Although let me tell you, I definitely heard about it when Rick Nelson’s plane crashed.

In The Anniversary Party, Kevin Klein and Phoebe Cates played husband and wife, and their kids played their kids. The kids even do a little singing (boy) and dancing (girl, with daddy).

Trailer

Men at Work.

I looked that up specifically for this thread, but their characters have different last names.

Both Emilio and Martin have appeared on 2.5 Men, but neither played characters related to Charlie. (And I don’t think that Emilio could pull off playing Alan.)

…Then again, so do they.

The first episode of the 1995 version of The Outer Limits, Sandkings, featured 3 generations of Bridges men - Lloyd, Beau, and Beau’s son, Dylan, as 3 generations of Kress men. (One of only 3 credits for Dylan.)

In the Tales from the Crypt episode “Yellow”, Kirk Douglas’ real life son Eric Douglas played the son of Kirk’s character, General Kalthrob.
(A great episode, featuring a military court martial as in Douglas’ fil Paths of Glory, and featuring Lance Henrikson and Dan Aykroyd, and directed by Robert Zemeckis.)

Father and son Dick Van Dyke and Barry Van Dyke played father and son on the short-lived The Van Dyke Show (1988).

Jerry Van Dyke played Dick’s brother in The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961) and The New Dick Van Dyke Show (1971-74).

Dick and Barry also played father and son on the long-running “Diagnosis Murder”.