Shut the fuck up and show the game!

Why or why did I have to sit through watching Bill Cowher jawing with that nasty mushmouth of his instead of the last the end of the Saint/Chargers game? Is there some sort of ban by international treaty or something?

Apparently we missed an interception and. . . wait-- the game is still on? Holy crap! Stop talking about what’s going on in the game and show the friggin’ game!

There needs to be a C-Span of sports, seems to me. Just footage, no commentary, no instant replays, no sillyass onscreen charts 'n graphs, no crowd shots, just game. This would probably be the biggest subscription service on cable tv, should someone elect to implement it!

My fury at having my weekly NFL nap interrupted by the talking heads made me a bit incoherent. But you know what I mean.

The network is required by contract to cut live game broadcast at 4:15 EST so as not to infringe on the game being shown on the opposing network. So, at that point, you get the studio crew and highlights only.

That’s stupid and it sucks! Who wants to see the beginning of a game instead of the end of one? Networks need to get together here and not be such asses.

What opposing network? I thought the NFL had contracts with one network at a time.

Also, football is for fucking idiots.

You can’t really watch football while fucking. Too distracting.

FOX and CBS.

I thought they only cut away if it was the local team on the other network.

Maybe. I don’t know. They cut away from the CBS game here and I have the 49ers (local) on Fox. i don’t know if they cut away in other markets.

I don’t understand. Is your OP pro-Obama or pro-McCain?

I just got home from that game!. It has been 4-5 years since I’ve seen North American sports live and I had forgotten how annoying it is to wait around for the commercials to be over so play could resume. Back in the day, the game went on regardless of commercials and if you missed something exciting…well that was life

They didn’t actually cut away. There was a time out and a commercial came on. There was a graphic up that showed the score and game time. That liar, Cowher, said the game was in a time out but the game clock was ticking away. They all blah blah blahed for awhile and then, all of a sudden, one of them (Boomer maybe) exlaimed all excitedly about how the Saints just intercepted.

If you’re gonna cut away from the game, the least you can do is not lie about it. Sheesh!

I’m not sure where you are. In my market (Bay Area), I was watching the tail end of the game. Then, James Brown (in the studio) said something to the effect that they can’t show the game past 4:15 pm. They then cut the broadcast and went to studio only. The last live play I saw before the cut, I think, was LT taking a short pass and picking up about 15 YAC round about the San Diego 35 yard line.

I was watching the same show in NY. I did not hear James Brown say that part about 4:15. I would have been slightly less peeved if I had. Cowher did say that the game was in a time out when the game clock clearly showed the seconds ticking away. I guess it doesn’t count if you can’t see what’s going on anyway.

my game cut out right about here

San Diego Chargers at 04:08

1-10-SD 22 (4:08) 17-P.Rivers pass short right to 86-B.Manumaleuna to SD 31 for 9 yards (20-R.Gay). PENALTY on SD-66-J.Clary, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SD 22 - No Play.

1-20-SD 12 (4:00) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass short left to 21-L.Tomlinson pushed ob at SD 44 for 32 yards (93-B.McCray).

1-10-SD 44 (3:50) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete short right to 21-L.Tomlinson.

2-10-SD 44 (3:45) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass short middle to 89-C.Chambers to 50 for 6 yards (20-R.Gay).

3-4- (3:08) 21-L.Tomlinson left tackle to NO 48 for 2 yards (51-J.Vilma).

4-2-NO 48 (2:26) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass short left to 85-A.Gates to NO 37 for 11 yards (43-K.Kaesviharn).

Two-Minute Warning

1-10-NO 37 (2:00) 17-P.Rivers pass short right to 43-D.Sproles to NO 27 for 10 yards (58-S.Shanle; 20-R.Gay).

1-10-NO 27 (1:26) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete short left to 21-L.Tomlinson.

2-10-NO 27 (1:22) (Shotgun) PENALTY on SD-17-P.Rivers, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at NO 27 - No Play.

2-15-NO 32 (1:22) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete short left to 21-L.Tomlinson.

Timeout #1 by SD at 01:18.

3-15-NO 32 (1:18) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass deep middle intended for 89-C.Chambers INTERCEPTED by 51-J.Vilma at NO 10. 51-J.Vilma to NO 18 for 8 yards (83-V.Jackson).

New Orleans Saints at 01:09

1-10-NO 18 (1:09) 26-D.McAllister right guard to NO 21 for 3 yards (24-C.Gordon).

Timeout #2 by SD at 01:04.

2-7-NO 21 (1:04) 26-D.McAllister left tackle to NO 25 for 4 yards (97-R.Bingham).
Timeout #3 by SD at 00:59.

Timeout #2 by NO at 00:14.

4-2-NO 26 (:14) 9-D.Brees up the middle to NO -3 for -29 yards. FUMBLES, ball out of bounds in End Zone, SAFETY.

San Diego Chargers at 00:08

3-3-NO 25 (:59) 26-D.McAllister left tackle to NO 26 for 1 yard (74-J.Cesaire).

5-T.Mehlhaff kicks 62 yards from NO 20 to SD 18. 43-D.Sproles to 50 for 32 yards (28-U.Young).

1-10- (:01) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete deep middle to 83-V.Jackson (34-M.McKenzie).

END GAME

I’d buy it in a heartbeat. I tend to watch football games with soem kind of music playing instead of the sound. I don’t need the talking, vacuous heads to continually tell me crap like “Tony Romo hasn’t wiggled his fingers pre-snap in 27.3 games. What do you think about that Bob?” “Well Jim, his finger wiggling is obviously the key to this game. . .”

Show the game and shut the hell up.

Got picked last a lot as a kid, did we?

I don’t think it’s either, which surely must be against a rule at this point.

Seeing as my football indoctrination just began this year, I like having the commentary–it helps me understand what’s going on.

Showing talking heads while there’s a play going on is pretty bad though. Clear the screen and let me watch the damn thing, geez.

I detest watching sports. If the show is canned, then they should show while the clock is ticking and that is it. You can get the whole damn game done in an hour.
I really dont understand the draw of watching a bunch of guys huddled around in a circle when i cant hear what they are talking about. get to the fucking game so the damned thing wont run over into the movie i want to watch.

We hate CBS coverage so much that we mute the sound and just watch the game and listen to the coverage on the radio. What we actually see on TV is several seconds behind the radio because of our TIVO, I think. But it is worth the delay not to have to listen to the CBS theme music and that bass note they play every time they show some statistics on the screen. (It sounds like it was lifted from the opening note to the theme from Jaws and drives me nuts.)

They just have too much going on that isn’t football.

Titans 7-0