Sick and tired

The n-word? Or “the n-word”? Frankly I’m more tired of “the n-word” than I am of the n-word.

And I’ve never heard the cougar term before. (And no, I’m not going to suggest that that’s some kind of proof you’re full of shit; instead I looked it up.)

But I’ll definitely second you on “pink is the new black.”

[ul]
[li]This haircut[/li][li]Guys who pluck/wax their eyebrows[/li][/ul]

I’m sorry, but did I click on the wrong forum. Is this Great Debates or Mindless Pointless Shit that i should be Blogging?

I haven’t a clue what you pull out of your ass, that’s no-one’s business but your own (and I suppose the gerbil too). Tell you what, give me one example from your own personal, direct, real-world experience, of the “asian girlfriend” cliche, and I’ll let you off the hook about whatever you feel I’ve put you on the hook for.

Sorry, you’re not on my list of people I’d ever spend a half second trying to convince of anything. Your being convinced or not is just not on any list of anything I give a shit about. I get that you’re ignorant of the phenomenon. I *get *it, but I don’t care.

lissener, if you’ll read back through this thread, you may find you’ve done a pretty swell job of showing all of us what “defensive” means.

Also, I pluck my eyebrows. But only because if I didn’t I would start looking (even more) like Henny Youngman.

Guys who wax their eyebrows to look “metrosexual” are more specifically what I’m talking about.

What if I was on fire? Not even a laid-back, “Dude, you’re on fire”? You really are acting like a humorless prat.

Now let’s tackle PBR. Professional bull riders?

Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Orange tans.
'nuff said.

Do you look like this?

I’ve become a status symbol? Cool.

(I’ve heard about this, but I studied Asian American literature in grad school. Also, I’m Asian. That probably helps. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’m thinking the OP is just jealous.

Nah, she’s got nicer cheekbones than me.

…and when lissener is accusing you of getting defensive, you know you’re getting defensive. :smiley:

lissener, I too live in Seattle, and I too was completely unaware of this supposed “Asian girlfriend status symbol” thing. Maybe you should stop hanging out with racists?

This is a great thread. It seems totally pointless and mindlessly snarky, but secretly its a 'post pictures of people who look like manga characters" thread.

I’m sick and tired of always hearing “I’m sick and tired of always being sick and tired” whenever I encounter the phrase ‘sick and tired’. Damn you Anastasia!

BTW, this thread contains one of the best ‘that’s what she said’-uses in recent memory. Also, lissener, are you called that because you keep a lot of lists?

Yes. I just added you to one.

Classic.

Please.

Okay, Asian girlfriends. Where I live, it’s a phenomenon among black men. I don’t think this: they freely admit that they don’t want black girlfriends or wives, because they’re tired of what they call “attitude” and women call “not putting up with crap.” They (the black men) encourage each other to get an Asian girlfriend and “train” her. Again, I’m not just seeing a pattern; they admit they’re doing this.

I’ll get behind the gauged ears on your list. I was over that fad the first time I saw it. Seriously, people? Gross.

I’ll add one for the mom set. Super expensive strollers. $1200 for a stroller? Seriously, people? Stupid.