sick to death of atheism vers god thing

The most funny thing about the OP’s rant is that the threads posted by atheists or others challenging religions and their dogmas exceed largely the threads posted by religious people challenging the beliefs and dogmas of atheists.

Funny is also that I never saw any rule dictating that the SDMB is an Atheist Only Forum, but the OP seems to have found that somewhere. Please OP, can you tell me where?
Can you also explain why you think that you can ask the moderators to have you run the forums?
And can you explain to this intrigued SDMB member in particular how you manage to call religions rubbish and childish fantasies while you call them at the same time fanatically dangerous? (God, I obviously still have a lot to learn about all the tricks and hidden possibilities of the Enlgish language).

Salaam. A

Well Aldebaran I’m an atheist and I enjoy your posts. I have never seen any rule where anyone of any religion can’t post, I hope you continue posting (even if you sometimes make me cranky :slight_smile: ) because it is never a bad thing to have many opinions.

I think we have a candidate for the TimeCube/DrBronner/LyndonLaRouche crown.

No disrespect to the renowned Dr. Bronner intended.

AllOne!

Atheist here, chiming in to agree that what WoodCM is calling for is very anti-Dope. I very much value the opinions and knowledge of the theists. I ask that the theists remember (despite the fact that we’ve had 2 this week) that the anti-religious variety of atheist is the exception on these forums, not the rule. I understand now why some theists always assume I’m attacking their views when I ask a question.

WoodCM, a couple questions for you:

1. If theists are, indeed, dangerous, why would you want them to hide? Wouldn’t it be better to see what dangerous beliefs they have, and, perhaps, convince them that their dangerous beliefs are wrong?
  2. On the “convincing” side, has anyone ever convinced you of anything by starting with “You’re an idiot and aren’t enlightened like I am. Go away.”

You are very,very mistaken. This is EXACTLY the forum for this. It’s why it was CREATED, to debate subjects such as religion, and to get those threads out of General Questions.

Again, mistaken. This is EXACTLY the forum for this.

So we’re supposed to change the way things are around here, because you, a lurker who hasn’t even spent the bucks to join, prefers other subjects?

OK everybody, next time you want to debate God, remember, WoodCM is tired of these threads, so we can’t start any more. He lurked a long time, he deserves to dictate what we should and should not debate!

Look buddy, the rule here is that title of the thread is to clearly describe the subject being discussed. SIMPLY DON’T READ THEM IF YOU DON’T WANT TO. If the title is misleading, report it to the mods by clicking that exclamation point on the top right of the post.

How some people can be so arrogant to come here and try and dictate what subjects we should and should discuss because he’s “tired” of some of them is astonishing. And as a non-paying ‘guest’ no less. Is it hard to get into your car with those balls?

You know, I saw that name and I was thinking…Whoa…

Sort of like if I had eaten the ‘blue pill’.

BTW Lib, I’m not ignoring your post in the other thread. I’m just not quite sure as to how I feel about it. It makes sense and I think it’s a good way to resolve the issue-but I don’t believe it (yet), and I’m doing some reading and what not to see if I can come to a conclusion about it (if that makes any sense).

And I burning you clique’s dog!

Oh that, well you see, when you join the Evil Atheist Conspiracy group TM, you get a packet with that information.

(just kidding :smiley: )
Personally I think religion is an interesting topic, whether I don’t believe or if I do. The only thing that I don’t really value in a religious discussion is proclamations of this is how it is, followed up with because I said so type reasoning.

:cool:

I applaud you for making a very good point. I have noticed that, too.

btw, I love your new location.

Actually, The Master has explicitly said that he will not deny that there is a Santa Claus.

(Unfortunately, the archives seem to be corrupted and his column Is there a Santa Claus? is currently unavailable, as is the earlier URL to the same page: http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a971226.html .)

To be fair, I read it as, "Believers should be in a different forum, not necessarily a different MB.

And what the OP is asking for is astoundingly ridiculous.

My, we’ve had something of a rash of nutjobs the past week or so. What I like about WoodCM, though, is that his English, while quirky, is comprehensible, and, by the look of things, unintentionally hilarious.

That other guy, olanvv was it? Depressing bore.

You might be thinking of nonpolar whom I personally get a kick out of. Let’s not chase WoodCM away just yet. He may also turn out to be amusing, or maybe we’ll end up actually educating (wink wink) him since that is the purpose of these boards after all (wink wink).

[Moderator Hat ON]

Heated discussion of what should/should not be allowed in the fora is an administrative question, and so belongs in the Pit.

[Moderator Hat OFF]

Look, there’s no need to drag Tim Allen into this.

[…sigh…]

It seems like every time I try to get involved in GD, the thread gets sent to the Pit. Is Satan trying to tell me something?

I think WoodCM has buggered off.

I don’t know. Have you checked his LiveJournal, lately?

Can you prove he doesn’t?

Hah! Didn’t think so.

OK, you think religion is idiotic. Fine. So go right ahead and do what this board is intended to do and fight the ignorance of all those that believe in religion. Telling people you disagree with that they shouldn’t be allowed to discuss a topic is rather counterproductive, no?