Sidney Poitier has died

He was 94.

In The Heat Of The Night is one of my favourite films.

Lilies of the Field my favorite. RIP live well lived!

Such a great actor. Such a great legacy.

Sorry to hear this. I would recommend “Pressure Point” with him and Bobby Darin.

The time has come, for closing books and long last looks must end, And as I leave I know that I am leaving my best friend. To Sir, with love.

My favorite is Let’s Do It Again, even though it also stars Bill Cosby, which puts a damper on it.

So I guess I’ll recommend The Defiant Ones.

Beautiful, beautiful man.

You beat me to it. Farewell to a fine gent.

Oh my gosh, I loved him so much in To sir with love and that was my favorite song to sing for years.

Rest in Peace Sir.

I just sent my gf a text: “Guess who isn’t coming to dinner?” She hadn’t heard yet and freaked a bit, thinking we’d invited someone over…

Aw, man! Sad news, indeed. He was definitely one of the greats!

And before we exceed Fair Use …

But how do you thank someone who has taken you from crayons to perfume ?

RIP, Sir.

I love when he slaps the guy around in his greenhouse.

Hope he’s busy building chapels in heaven. One of the all time great actors.

My condolences to his family and friends. I’m familiar with just a few of his films: In the Heat of the Night, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner and To Sir, With Love. All three were released in 1967. I’ve just read that Mankiewicz directed him in No Way Out in 1950, in which he plays a doctor who must treat two racist brothers. That was 14 years before the passing of the Civil Rights Act!

Related trivia: Anthony James played the guy running the diner in In the Heat of the Night and, many years later, the owner of the saloon in Unforgiven.

My first thought was 2022 was getting off to a really bad start. But 94 years is a good run.

Can’t name a favorite as he did so many good movies. RIP and thanks for the memories.

Rest in peace, sir.

Wow, the passing of another legend. RIP.

May he rest in peace. One of the greats.

One of the most powerful movie lines ever.