Sigourney Weaver-Why is She Always Stripping Off In Movies?

I just saw the original “HALLOWEEN” movie-with S.W. After she wets her clothes, she strips off in the laundry room, and puts her clothes in the washing machine-all the while being observed by Jason.
Anyway, something clicked in my mind-in her subsequent “ALIEN” movies, she does the same thing-strips down to her underwear before entering the cold-sleep capsule.
For you movie buffs-is this a SW modus operandi? Did she decide that the “strip” routine was a good way to show off her assets?
I enjoyed the original Halloween movie-why was it that Jason couldnever be killed (after Donald Pleasance puts what seems to be 7-8 bullest into him?):smiley:

Ummm… the original “Halloween” stars Jamie Lee Curtis. To my knowledge, Sigourney Weaver has appeared in none of them. Moreover, all of the Nostromo astronauts were in undies in the cryogenics scene. She was just the first one out in the open.

And “Halloween” did not have Jason. It had “the Shape”, Michael Myers. He couldn’t be killed because he was the Shape.

Moreover again, two points does not establish a pattern.

Actually, the only movie I can ever recall SW getting even semi-naked in was Death and the Maiden. And that was only topless.

Didn’t she get down to her undies at the end of Alien, after she gets in the escape module, but before she realizes the creature is in there with her?

She once hosted SNL (during the “bad” years IIRC) and they did an Aliens skit. When they were about to confront the monster, she says something like “Wait, I need to strip to my underwear.”
The alien turned out to be ET, which they killed.

I just saw Ghostbusters II on TV the other day, and recalled two things.

It’s a quality sequel, but by God, the Pan and Scan for the TV version sucks.

She strips down to her bra to bathe a baby in a scene that seemed rather contrived to me.

I believe Ms. Weaver is also nude or semi nude in Half Moon Street.

It was called ‘Alienses’.

Why I remember that I have no idea…

I actually taped that and still have the tape. The best thing is the duet she sings with Chris Durang parodying Brecht/Weill dramatic storytelling.

And let’s not forget that she was also in her underwear in Working Girl in that scene where she was on the bed in her nightie with a leg cast and suggested to Harrison Ford that they “merge.”

Could we be onto something here? I can’t remember if she had an underwear scene in Dave, Copycat The Ice Storm, Galaxy Quest…anyone?

If you watch the end of Galaxy Quest closely, you can see Weaver with her jumpsuit zipped down and her bra showing. The scene in which her outfit is opened is in the DVD but not the theatrical version, which only shows 'before" and “after” scenes.

I would like to welcome Jackie Harvey to the SDMB. Thought you could fool us with that pseudonym, did you? :smiley:

She did at least one nude scene in A Map of the World, possibly two – it’s been a while since I saw it.

I hope you people are not actually complaining about these nude, semi-nude, and why-isn’t-she-nude scenes?

Minor hijack, to answer two of the original questions…

It was Nancy Kyes stripping down in Halloween. Scene still doesn’t make any sense, though. What, she couldn’t have grabbed a robe on the way out?

And Michael Myers, much like Jason, has been shot, stabbed, run over, blown up, set on fire, and had just about every other lethal attempt made on his life, and he still hasn’t died. So I guess this lends significant creedence to the final lines of the original movie…

Laurie: Was that the bogeyman?
Loomis: As a matter of fact… it was!

www.mrskin.com will address these issues in depth and breadth for you for $ 4.95 per month, but this is more than the info is worth to me.

Mr. Skin Website

From Mr. Skin

ralph, just for you I watched Ghostbusters on videotape today (the sacrifices I make for my fellow Dopers!:D). I’m sorry to report that while she does start to take her clothes off in one scene, all she strips down to is a t-shirt and leggings. Maybe the revealing outfit she gets down to when she becomes Zool will make it up to you.

Later this week, I plan on watching John Cleese take it all off in A Fish Called Wanda, but I suspect that will do a lot more for me than it would for you.

CJ