Silk Stockings {a cocktail}

Make one of these and try it. You’ll thank me later.

2 oz Jose Cuervo Gold or equivalent tequila
1 oz heavy cream
1 oz creme de cacao
goodly shake of pungent cinnamon
optional: dash of grenadine (sometimes I do, sometimes I skip it)

This is way nicer than I had any reason to expect it to be.

The Alexander cocktails (people are most familiar with the brandy variant) typically run 1:1:1. This 2:1:1 ratio should appeal to those who find that too sweet/rich.

The base Alexander is made with gin, which I was surprised works with the chocolate. But pretty much any base spirit works. Mescal (as a partial or full sub) works here too.

You maybe coulda been a wee bit more descriptive in your title. I have no interest in fancy feminine footwear and just happened to mouse over your post and see it’s about a cocktail.

In any case, very strange-sounding ingredients for a cocktail that don’t sound like they’d be at all good together. I’m almost tempted to try it purely out of curiosity, but I’m not really into sweet cocktails.

Huh. I thought the thread would be a link that was in today’s New York Times:

I might try one if I made it with real tequila as opposed to Cuervo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hah! I thought this was going to be about that old terrible TV show. I guess that was “Silk Stalkings”.

If you’re opening a bottle of Herradura reposado or Tres Generaciones añejo to make mixed drinks, you’ve either got too much money or you need to examine your priorities. Cuervo Gold is a perfectly fine mixer-quality tequila.

On the other hand, if you, like me. got lured into trying a bottle of Mi Familia Flores extra añejo, use the overpriced disgustingly sweet stuff in any way you find at all palatable.