Simple Sesame Oil-Based Dressings and Other Recipes

I am enjoying the process of integrating a more vegan diet into my lifestyle and am looking for some simple oil-based salad dressing recipes to spice up my salads.

In particular, today I am interested in learning what I can do with sesame oil. I have a cabinet full of basic spices and a few common condiments in my refrigerator. Anyone have some easy-to-make dressing recipes they’d like to share? I’m open to your favorites, including what I may also do with olive and peanut oils.

Thank you for sharing!

LH

Tofu drenched in a sauce that’s half sesame and half soy sauce; add one or more of the following: Japanese sprinkles, bonito flakes, finely sliced scallions, grated ginger, watercress, cayenne pepper, black pepper, wasabi powder…

Oh, that sounds tasty! So do you think a 1:1 ratio of sesame oil and soy sauce would make an okay salad dressing by itself? I know I’ll need to experiment, but a little guidance is very appreciated.

Thanks, The Scrivener!

A dressing that I modified to fit the ingredients I usually have around the house:

Approximately equal amounts of grated ginger and grated garlic
2 parts soy sauce and 1 part olive oil
Sesame oil, lime juice, brown sugar, hot sauce to taste

1 small clove of garlic, 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp soy sauce, maybe 1/2 tsp lime juice, a pinch of brown sugar and just a few drops of both sesame oil and hot sauce make just the right amount for 1 package of ramen. Careful with the garlic, it’s easy to overdo it and you don’t want the raw garlic to overpower the rest of the dressing.