Simplifications you've made

:laughing: Got a chuckle out of me, you did.

I was worried about the same thing, but most of our organization (and most importantly, our big boss) has completely embraced “wear what you’re comfortable in” as a post-pandemic office style. I go in one day a week now, and I wear stretchy jeans and a sweatshirt, most days. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sorry, should have clarified! I get away with it by wearing open shoes, more often than not.

A few years ago, the wife lost her keys. No idea where or exactly when, so we decided to change all the locks - house, garage, windows - everything. And we made them all the same.

Having to lug around only 2 keys (house, car) is such a relief. It’s amazing how many keys you accumulate from adding a security door here, putting a lock on gate there etc.

And I get much fewer holes in my pants pockets as well!

I no longer knot my tie with a Windsor knot, using only a half-Windsor or a four-in-hand. I can’t even remember the last time I used a Platt-Shelby.

I mostly wear pull on boots ( “engineer” type boots ). Very versatile, as they can be casual and comfortable enough for daily year 'round wear ( I never wear shorts anyway…just a thing with me ) and yet when polished look dressy enough shy of formal. Plus, that way I can also wear white socks in more dressy situations, that way I can just have a drawer full of the same white tube/crew socks.

Keep a toothbrush and toothpaste in the shower and brush/rinse there. Since I am in there anyway may as well clean everywhere, and saves time morning or evening. I shave in the shower as well.

A friend of mine does the same, brushing and shaving in the shower. I never understood how you could shave without a mirror. I couldn’t.

If that’s the way you did it all your life, it’s quite easy. I shave in the shower too. Much less mess and fuss.

I would miss all the strange nooks and crannies of my face, cut me much more often, and I have a strong beard that comes close to my eyes, so I’m very careful to shave those parts even in front of a mirror.

When I shave the back of my neck, I do it in the shower, by feel. I never get shaving cuts on the back of my neck, but when I try to shave my face in the shower, I cut myself. It seems strange, but I’m better off shaving my face in front of a mirror.

You should all try a shower mirror. They work well and you get the advantage of a shower shave (fewer nicks, in my experience) while still seeing your reflection clearly.

As for the OP:
When I buy shirts, I stick to solid earth tones. I find it easier to match clothes, and I don’t worry about some picture of me wearing some outrageous design or color ending up in some archive somewhere.

I am a piker compare to most of you-all. Yet I do not get the beard thing, I trim it twice to four times a year. I get a buzz job every 2-3 months, less in the winter. I look much like a youngish Santa right now. My beard & hair are a light reddish grey with a white soul patch.

OTOH, I work outside alone a lot these days so no one sees me up close very often. My wife likes my facial hair & her opinion is the only one I care much about. All is good.

I have 10-ish pairs of one kind of socks. When one gets a hole, it gets tossed. When I get low, I buy another 6 pairs.

I will try to incorporator most of these suggestions. I kinda like the idea of only cooking once a week. I do have the freezer space.

Hair, I have a pair of clippers and buzz my hair down to 3/4 inch every month or so and my wife tidies up the bits I can’t easily see. Been doing that for 20+ years.

My hair is long and all one length. It looks the same every day with minimal effort, and when it’s in my way I can easily put it all up. I don’t bother coloring it either.

I only change my sheets once a year. I strip the bed, wash, dry, and replace during the same day. I don’t have to fold them up.

We finally decided to stop sending out Christmas cards made from dead trees. Most of the people who would appreciate such a gesture have passed on anyway.

:scream: No thanks. I’ll keep on with my time wasting weekly washing and replacing schedule.

I also buy a bunch of the same socks and then throw them all out and replace when the time comes. Same goes for my white undershirts.

What!? You sleep on the same sheets for a year without washing them?