Simpson quotes that made it past the censors

To that, I can only say this (from the episode when Apu becomes a citizen [paraphrased]:

Lisa: If you go back far enough, everyone in America is an immigrant… except the Native Americans.
Homer: Yeah, native Americans like us!
Lisa: No, I mean the American Indians!
Apu: Yeah, American Indians like me!

He’s ethnically Indian, but he was born in Pakistan. (After all, they were both one country up until about 1947.)

Lisa Summer of 4ft. 2 Episode 3F22 says;

“Friends? These are my only friends! Grown-Up nerds like Gore Vidal and even he’s kissed more boys than I ever will…”

Sorry to interrupt the, er, nitpick battle :slight_smile:

Girls, MarkF, boys kiss girls.

Kerny to bart: “Kiss the virtual Ass”

Where does it say Apu is Pakistani? Every refernce in the show says he was from India. He is a Hindu and there are far more of those in India than Pakistan.
Or are you mixing up you countries, in that Pakistan came into existance in 1947 when it split from India?

Apu is from INDIA! In episode 5F04, “The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons” (God, am I a geek or what?), Apu’s mother flies in from India, Apu’s bride, Manjula, is from India, they get married in a Hindu ceremony. In episode 3F20, “Much Apu About Nothing,” Apu mentions that he graduated from Calcutta Technical Institute in Calcutta, India. Moreover, he calls himself an Indian-American.

Apu is from India (although now he’s an American citizen.)

The name Apu comes from the Indian filmmaker Satyajit Ray’s Apu trilogy, three films that chronicle the childhood, youth, and adulthood of its hero, Apu, starting with Pather Panchali and ending with Apu Sansar.

Do your research next time, fellas.

From a 2000 TV Guide article.

Sounds like a continuity error. When they first introduced him, they made him a Pakistani because that’s the stereotype: the Pakistani convenience store owner. When they started fleshing him out as a character, they decided that they could get more laughs out of him being a Hindi than a Muslim (“Please do not feed Allah a peanut” doesn’t work nearly as well) From there on out, the writers probably “forgot” that he was supposed to be from Pakistan, and started writing him as an Indian. I say, as the continuity currently stands, Apu is no more Pakistani than Smithers is African American, no matter what the earlier cartoons show.

Homer’s idea of the difference between blacks and whites:

“White people have names like Lenny. Black people have names like Carl.”

I know that’s not an example, I just thought I’d mention it.

Then there’s the one where Cletus and Brandine are parked in their truck at a concert or something, and they’re making out. Brandine goes, “Hey, how comes you parked us so close ta mah parents?”
“Wells, theys mah parents too!”

Not to mention the nudity.

:wink:

Or perhaps its like the eternal “What State Do They Live In?” question, where the writers deliberately throw out misleading clues.

There was a joke that they DID take out:

Bart and Lisa dueled Krusty’s rabbi father quote for quote about bringing Krusty back in the rabbi’s life. Lisa before the last round handed some papers to Bart, saying “This is the best I can do without learning Ancient Hebrew.” After a pause, “I’m NOT learnng Ancient Hebrew!!” I guess that since is was really out of Lisa’s scholarly character, they cut the last part out in syndication.

QUOTE]*Originally posted by capacitor *
**There was a joke that they DID take out:
[/quote]

That is a grievous syndication cut, capacitor

It was really funny as Lisa had done the research and was exasperated as her (eight year old) efforts were refuted by Rabbi Krustofsky.

Is it right to buy a plymouth?

From snpp.com:

It was a priceless gag - as Bart’s blank stoic stare at his sister - for a good few seconds of a pregnant pause- before Lisa responds.

As per usual, I’ve turned a couple quotes into a car-wreck.

Oy vei is mir. (D&R)

(from snpp.com)

Man 1: Should I finish college?
Rabbi K: Yes. No one is poor except he who lacks knowledge.
Woman: [babe in arms] Rabbi, should I have another child?
Rabbi K: Yes. Another child would be a blessing on your house.
Man 2: Rabbi, should I buy a Chrysler?
Rabbi K: Eh, couldn’t you rephrase that as a, as an ethical question?
Man 2: Um… Is it right to buy a Chrysler?
Rabbi K: Oh, yes! [chuckles] For great is the car with power steering
and dynaflow suspension!
– It is written… ``Like Father, Like Clown’’

Or tonight’s syndication episode, where the kids are snowed in at the school:

Groundskeeper Willy to Skinner: “Now you’ll have to stop slapping your Willy around!”

My vote is for the already-mentioned “If somebody’s in here, you’re in for some serious ass forkin’!”

when bart and milhouse are walking along the street on a spring day, and bart says something like,

“ahh, what a beautiful day. the birds are chirping, and the bees are all trying to have sex with them…or so i’ve heard.”

Carl: I am sick of people assuming I’m good at basketball just because I’m African American!
(Carl proceeds to effortlessy jump half the court, dunk the ball, shatter the backboard, hang from the rim, and do a little dance)

And what about Sideshow Rahim? The big, Black Panther looking guy?

Krusty: It says I'm supposed to hit you with this mallet.
Rahim: I wouldn't do that

BTW
“Ovulate damn you! Ovulate!”

and
“Oh, that’s just an urban legend. People don’t really do that with fish.”

Troy McLure: Hot damn! I'm going to Sea World!

From last night’s episode, where Bart laughs at Homer and says, “You love a boy.”

Um, hi Max. Is that a whoosh? Gore Vidal, so it is alleged, kisses/ed boys.