Simpson quotes that made it past the censors

I am a huge Simpsons fan but every once in a while I am amazed some of the material actually airs.

For example, on tonights rerun Marge, Lisa, Bart and Homer go to the mall. Marge sees a sale on shoes and decides to buy Lisa and Bart “church” shoes. At that point Bart says:

“Why do we need church shoes, Jesus wore sandals.”
Homer replies:
“Well, maybe if he had better arch support they wouldn’t have caught him.”

I think I missed that quote the first time around. I just about burst with laughter when I heard that quote tonight.

After I stopped my giggles I realized that the joke could very well insult a large portion of viewers. I am really suprised that the gag was actually aired.

Can anyone think of other borderline Simpson gags?

Slee

I’m still amazed at the episode where the Simpsons go to Japan.

Homer: Aww, if I wanted to see Japanese people I would’ve gone to the zoo.

:eek:

A quick reference to “glory holes” in one episode almost made me shoot soda out of my nose. Watching the season 2 DVDs today (sweet Jeebus they rock!) I heard Groening say that in “Bart The Daredevil” the second shot of Homer falling down the cliff was cut originally, presumably because it was too gory. But it was later restored to the scene in the first clip show. :smiley:

Homer: Aww, if I wanted to see Japanese people I would’ve gone to the zoo.
Marge: Homer!
Homer: What? Mr. (Japanese name) works there. He has a wife and two kids. We were over his house about a month ago for dinner.
Marge: (groan)

Or something like that.

Burns is going over his stocks:

Burns: “And…Confederated Slave Holdings? How’s that doing?”
Lawyer: “It’s…um…steady…”

Sneed’s Feed and Seed anyone?

Homer in a Japanese restaurant, irritated at the waiter,

“Fugu me!”

The two most glaring that I can think of are Principal Skinner’s “chew through my ball-sack”, and Flanders’ “Now when people get wood, they’ll think of Trojans.”

They even made fun of themselves after that one!

Smithers: I think women and seamen don’t mix.
Burns: We all know what you think.

Roommate and I are sitting there with our jaws resting on our kneecaps. Roommate says, “They’ll never air that one again.”

They have.

“Homer J. Simspon, you’ve been charged with attempted insecticide and aggravated buggery.”

Kent Brockman: Thanks, to you, New Springfield, we’re all taking golden showers! <Sounds of guffaws from off-camera> What?

Homer, eating his way through a gingerbread house: Mmm… sugarwalls…

Nobody’s mentioned-

Kent Brockman: "…and we’ll all be taking golden showers.

What?"

oh for christ sake Miller, you weren’t there the last time I checked.
:slight_smile:

“Hey you! Stop banging my wife!”

I don’t get it.

betenoir: [Nelson]Ha ha![/Nelson]

“Anyone for penis??”

My guess is that some people think it’s a reference to a sexual activity…if you replace the *"-eed"*s with *"-uck"*s.

Personally, I think that’s stretching it a little too far (“Snuck’s”???)

The original sign was

Sneed’s Feed and Seed (formerly Chuck’s)

“You Hershey highwaymen are all the same.”