Simpsons 9/28- "Sex, Pies, and Idiot Scrapes"

Nope!

:smiley:

Thank you. That’s such a pretty song.

I thought it was an above average episode for the current era.

I don’t know if there’s any point to mentioning plot holes in Simpson’s stories but; Flanders said he was assigned to arrest Homer because he didn’t show up in court for his St. Patrick’s Day arrest. But it was Homer’s court appearance that set the whole bounty hunter plot in motion.

What we saw at the beginning of the episode was his arraignment. He didn’t show up for the trial.

D’oh!

I watched the episode again and was too tired to make a note of which lines really made me laugh, but there were a handful - I think “that year off from Priceton was the worst decision I ever made” was one of them. But I did think it was a little bit of a tease that we saw both Sideshow Bob and Fat Tony in this episode, and neither one had any real lines.

I’m just curious as to what you mean by this. I’m not the most observant person in the world, but I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary about Sunday’s KoTH.

Which was weird because I swear I saw Joe Mantegna’s name in the credits at the end.

I’m sure he did the gasps and the scream. There’s some episode from many years ago where Fat Tony had one line, and they had Phil Hartman do it because he was in the studio and they figured it wasn’t worth Joe Mantegna’s trouble (or theirs). Mantegna later told them he wanted to do the recording even if Fat Tony did nothing but sneeze, and I’m sure he’ll show up later this season, so they probably had him do the wheezing and whatever other noises.

I’m diabetic and have several issues with the KOTH episode. But I’m not going to hijack this thread. Let’s just say it had several eye-rolly moments for me.

Lots of good bits, but the overall episode was fairly weak. I didn’t like the silly acrobatic chase except for the part where the chase gets to the point that they’re jumping from planet to planet, then it zooms out to show they’re in a science museum and not actually in space.

Oh yes- I was much amused with the way Homer and Ned sang the AC/DC cover. That felt very true to life.

“Kindly Deeds Done for Free” by A.D./B.C. Wonder what their cover of “Highway to Hell” would sound like…

I’m specifically talking about how Bill kicked the doctor’s buttocks behind the closed door. Endings where the unscrupulous businessman/doctor/mold removal technician gets his comuppance have become too common in the show.

Super Mario Galaxy reference?