Sitcom March Madness: The Championship Matchup

The Simpsons

How did Kath & Kim not make it into this championship?

I am running with scissors!

Cheers

Cheers!

Cheers

The Simpsons

Cheers

Bricker Bracker, Firecracker Sis Boom Bah. Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, Rah Rah Rah!

Cheers!

Simpsons. Their first 8 or 9 seasons were perfection. I think people forget how exceptional the series was because of the last five years.

CHEERS

Not crazy about either one, but I hate the Simpsons.

Cheers.

Without Norm, there’d be no Barney Gumble.

While I love The Simpsons, I’m going with the spirit of the original OP:

“If both shows were on, which would you watch?”

I’m going with Cheers.

The Simpsons have been beaten to death by syndication (I get LA Fox and NY Fox stations, so it seems it is always on). I’ll start to watch one and say “I’ve seen this a million times” and wind up switching. If I could be guranteed an earlier episode, it might sway my decision, as they aren’t as fresh in my mind.

Cheers was consistently funny with very few “blah” episodes, great characters and great writing. Plus my all time favorite sit com epsiode of all times is a Cheers one: Veggie Boy

“Out of my way old man, I’ve got crops to plant” and
“Mmmmm. You can really taste the kale”

I’m going to have to give the nod to The Simpsons.

Both are great shows, consistently intelligent and funny, and neither ever jumped the shark. Granted, The Simpsons has declined in quality since its peak; but that peak, and the series itself, lasted for quite a long time, and later episodes are still worth watching. Both shows have a central core of very strong, appealing main characters; but The Simpsons has a wider and more interesting supporting cast. The Simpsons is more innovative and has had a wider influence on the culture. The Simpsons episodes tend to be denser, packed with more jokes, gags, allusions, weird bits, odd references. And The Simpsons gets bonus points for being that rare thing: a show that really does appeal to all ages.

:eek: Wow.

Me and that spring break episode are gonna have to beg to differ with you here.

Another vote for The Simpsons, which (barring any simulposts) now has an 18-13 lead.

Now I’m going to catch up on the earlier rounds and see how closely the consensus reflects the choices I would have made…

CHEERS!

BTW, is The Simpsons considered a sitcom?

Have to be CHEERS

I voted already. Is Cheers rallying?

18-15, still in favor of Simpsons but Sammy and the Gang can take Moe’s Tavern.

We might have an upset in the happening here, folks.

I’ve got to go with Cheers. In its heyday I never missed one. The only Simpsons show I made a point never to miss were/are the Halloween ones.

The Simpsons