Site about facts for every number

Hi I remember there being a site that has interesting information about almost every smaller number even larger ones. It would say if it is a prime or more obscure information.

Perhaps The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences?

Wolfram Alpha gives you a lot of information if you just enter a number.

Wikipedia has most of that information.

Yeah e.g. for numbers in the 700s it has some information but I thought I remembered a site that had more information about random highish numbers like that.

I like Rob Munafro’s list, which includes more than just the counting numbers.

If you’re willing to buy a book (remember books, those paper and ink things?), there’s The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers by David Wells which has everything you’re interested in.

It’s a good site

I have several books along these lines, including
Number Freak: From 1 to 200- The Hidden Language of Numbers Revealed
The Kingdom of Infinite Number: A Field Guide
Adam Spencer’s Book of Numbers: A Bizarre and Hilarious Journey from 1 to 100

The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers is much more thorough than any of those books. It has entries on over a thousand numbers. It has entries not just on integers but on fractions, irrational numbers, and transcendental numbers.

There’s also The Book of Numbers.

I’m awfully fond of The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. On a semi-related note.

I bought this book when it came out, and have been fascinated by it for years. You beat me to it.

The same guy also came out with the Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Geometry, which I also highly recommend.

And I see that I was beat to the punch by poster #2.

>whacks forehead<

There’s also the site “What’s Special About This Number?”, http://www2.stetson.edu/~efriedma/numbers.html

Do these various sources being cited also include metaphysical facts about numbers? Like, for example, “1” being the loneliest number?

This might be the page I found originally:

It has information about a lot of numbers - though the information is has something to do with prime numbers.