Six Feet Under: Season 3 Begins March 2 (BIG TIME SPOILER ALERT!)

I guess Brenda will show up eventually. I truly hate Brenda. But I kind of enjoy hating her. :smiley: I don’t know if Nate is really alive, but I think he probably is, given the absence of death date in the second white screen. Question- If Lisa’s character is a “guest appearance,” as mentioned above, what will happen to Maya? Will she exit the cast along with her mother? I think that would be unfortunate, since I think the “Daddy-drivel” is an interesting twist for Nate. Well, we’ll find out soon enough, I suppose.

And yeah- If it weren’t for Six Feet Under, HBO would definitely be off of our cable bill. :wink:

I’m guessing that Maya is gonna be a future Corpse of the Week. And whem Brenda comes back, his marriage runs out of steam.

:frowning: Dead babies do not make me happy.:frowning:

My personal theory is that Nate is in a coma. The way they just blew off what happened to him(“the doctors said I should have had brain damage, but I’m completely fine”) and the premonitions Nate had of different scenes/lines of dialog are what I base this on.

javaman, I can’t tell you anything about the Rainbow Grill, but Nate Sr. said he was eating fenugreek, the herbal stuff Lisa said she was using to help in breastfeeding Maya. Do you remember Nate Jr.'s flashback at the garden party?

I don’t know what to make of this episode, for the most part. I’m reserving all judgement and speculation on whether Nate is alive or dead (after Oz, I may have had it with dead narrators/protagonists), and enjoying one of the best ensemble casts I’ve ever had the privilege to watch on television. I can’t wait for Brenda to come back.

I don’t understand this Lisa-hating attitude at all.
OK, she was a little over-the-top with the peanut butter, but what else is the problem?
Other than that, I always thought of her as being very sweet, and much more emotionally stable than Brenda. Lisa is a lot better for Nate than Brenda is, but for interesting stories, we’ll get Brenda back.

Please?

Please?

OK, WL. Stop whining.

I don’t disagree that Lisa provides a healthier relationship for Nate than Brenda does, but Lisa’s boring - at least so far. Don’t feed the baby peanut butter, I want some time just me and her, blah blah blah. I don’t have children [a fact which will probably be blatantly obvious by the end of this sentence] but is the baby the only thing she has going on or the only thing she can talk about? It looks like her boss will provide some entertainment value in the weeks to come, but judging from the first episode alone, Lisa is as dry as toast. Brenda’s nuts, but at least she was never boring.

Yup, Lisa’s a bit dull, but she reminds me of a couple of people I’ve known. They’re totally whack-a-doodle, but have worked very hard to create a calm, cool exterior. You DON’T want to be around when they go off. The Lisa character has shown a tendency toward this and now that somebody brought up the baby’s fragility… Well, they wouldn’t go there, would they? Brrr!

Damnit! I don’t have HBO anymore! I gotta find which of my friends is a Six Feet Under nut to hang out with on Sundays.

Re: Brendea & Lisa: I think they’re both nuts. I think Nate would be better off with neither one.

Yup, Lisa’s a bit dull, but she reminds me of a couple of people I’ve known. They’re totally whack-a-doodle, but have worked very hard to create a calm, cool exterior. You DON’T want to be around when they go off. The Lisa character has shown a tendency toward this and now that somebody brought up the baby’s fragility… Well, they wouldn’t go there, would they? Brrr!

I was so pissed after the first 10 minutes that I was not really concentrating on the rest of the episode.

I agree that there is a good possibility that Nate really isn’t alive. It was just “too clean” to be so close to near death and then waltz into “real life” again.

I missed the second season completely so I’m a little in the dark with this Lisa babe. My friends have filled me in so I think I get the gist of her character but I’m still unclear what she brings to this dysFUNctional cast.

Can’t wait till next week. :slight_smile:

If there’s one thing I don’t want, it’s for the entire season to be one big “coma dream.” Thatll piss me off, but I think Alan Ball is also a lot smarter than that so it’s not that big of a concern. Brenda’s return has me REALLY anxious — I’m expecting something of a savior’s role for her to completely flip her persona around. Im thinking she may save Nate in some fashion, either from his relationship with Lisa in his current “reality,” or save him from the “matrix” thing that might be going on, sort of like what Lawrence Fishborne did with Neo by allowing him to take the red pill…