Skyrim mods question

Back when, I used to play Skyrim a good amount, and even more so when I discovered Mods. Nothing huge, just stuff for capes, some new armor and new jewelry. However, today I dusted it off and redownloaded it from steam and some of the characters are running around in their underwear! I guess it took away their fancy new armor and never replaced it with the old stuff? How can I fix this?

Redownload the mod(s), or start a new game.

If this is a fresh file, it wouldn’t be the mod’s fault…redownloading the game would have brought back the default versions of any files changed, even assuming it was that invasive a mod, and a regular mod wouldn’t carry through into a save started after it was removed.

If you got the new edition, most of the old mods may not work, unless someone updated them to match the new base game.

I did redownload it from Steam. For some reason the mod manager can’t find the game. I’ll start a new game and see what happens.

Is there a way to find the path to my game? That’s apparently what the Nexus mod thing needs.

If you have an icon, you can right click it > Properties > Shortcut tab > Target box.

But I suspect it’s something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

If you had previously purchased the various DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire & Dragonborn) you’ll find that Steam has gifted you the Skyrim Remastered game.

I’d guess if you had downloaded that version of the game (you still retain the earlier on by the way) any mod manager would be looking in the wrong directory.