Slow down, goddammit, and WEAR YOUR FUCKING SEAT BELT!

The quality of driving around here is getting worse by the day. People are just driving at insane speeds. The average highway speed’s up to 80 now, with gusts to 100 (I’m doing MPH here, for our American friends.)

So last night Mrs. RickJay and I were coming home and a car speeds right by us racing the yellow, and BOOM, broadsides another car right in front of us. Debris everywhere, smoke billowing from one car. Mrs. RickJay gets to the smoking car and gets the driver out, then goes to the other car while I get our car out of harm’s way, and a woman in that car is hurt pretty bad. The paramedics took her away. Mrs. RickJay had nightmares all night.

And guess what? The woman who was hurt… no seatbelt! Everyone else was fine, but she broke plenty of bones and had a concussion and was hurt badly, because she wasn’t wering a seat belt. What the fuck is wrong with people? WHY wouldn’t you wear a seat belt?

And then today when we called to find out how she was, the officer I gave a statement to said there had just been another collision, head-on. Two people DEAD this time, and guess what the seat belt situation was, folks? You guessed right! They weren’t wearing them! Had they had them on they might have lived, the person in the OTHER car was alive, but instead they’re fucking dead, and their families get to bury them and wonder why on Earth their loved ones had to die for no goddamned reason at all. Of course, both cars were doing 90 KPH on a road that’s unsafe beyond 60.

You know, I can understand people driving like maniacs and not wearing their seat belts in 1955 when drivers were all idiots and there weren’t seat belts anyway, but what possible excuse do you have now? There is absolutely no way a sane adult with a double digit IQ cannot know that wearing your seat belt weill keep you alive and running red lights is really, really dangerous. 12-18 people every year are killed by running red lights in Toronto and people still do it.

Here are some general points:

1. If you do not wear a seat belt, you are a fucking retard. And that goes to any Doper reading this message who doesn’t wear them, I know you’re out there: You are a fucking idiot. People who don’t wear their seat belts are complete and utter morons and should not be allowed to breed.

2. If you run red lights, you are going to kill somebody. Running red lights is just as dangerous as driving drunk. Racing yellows isn’t all that bright either.

3. Slow the fuck down! SLOW DOWN!!! You don’t have to drive like Grandma, but sixty miles an hour is too goddamned fast for a city street with traffic lights every 400 fucking yards.

My wife is out there. My sister’s out there. I worry. Don’t drive like a goddamned idiot!

I agree completely. Driving a car is an extremely dangerous thing to do (for yourself and others around you), and people would do well to remember that and get a little scared every time they get behind the wheel.

and, damnit, put your children in carseats! or seatbelts if they are old enough! i am so fucking sick of seeing children standing up in cars, crawling over the seats, sitting in their parents’ laps, etc. these are your CHILDREN fuckers! protect them!!

And I’m fucking sick of seeing injured/nearly dead children in my hospital from stupid parents who didn’t put them in a seatbelt or carseat. Ignorant, motherfuckin’, masturbating with a sandpaper pickle dildo, goatlickin’ stupid parents. I just wanna fucking STRANGLE THEM!!!

If my kid ever was horribly injured in a car accident by my negligence by speeding or not putting them in a belt/seat, I think i would kill myself.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I remember this total ditz in one of my classes saying she nevers wears a seatbelt nor would she ever make any children that she might have wear one, because she was in an accident where if she had been wearing one, she would have been killed or something.

Of course, this was the same ditz who believed in the Atkins diet.