Smart Phone Users: How much data do you use?

I use 4-5 GB per month. My wifes uses abother the same. Between youtube, internet browsing and streaming music I’m not sure how people use less. Admittedly, I don’t pay attention to if I’m on WiFi or not it just depends on if one or the other is slow enough for me to notice and switch to the other.

I have WiFi at home & office and still manage to use about 1.5gb monthly. Probably the 30 minutes per day I stream Pandora on the way home from work, or a podcast now and then. I can’t imagine being on my phone enough to use multiple gigs each month.

The only time I use more than 500 MB is when I’m on vacation. Then it’s about 1 GB per week of vacation. Not only do I spend more time away from WiFi hotspots on vacation, I’m using the phone a lot more to look up maps, restaurants, etc.

My cell phone includes 1 GB of data each month, so when we’re on vacation we plan on $20-40 of overage charges, which is certainly cheaper than going with a higher monthly fee for a bigger allotment of data.

Under 500. Mainly because I almost always use my phone when I have wifi anyway.

Usually around 3-5G per month. I use around 1G a month, my daughter (22yo) uses up the rest.

I use about 100 MB per month. It costs me $10 for every 100MB. I only really use it for messenger with my wife, accessing my Google books on the go, and the occasional directions with Google maps. Fits my budget and my needs.

I get 500MB a month, capped. I generally use somewhere between 100-150MB.

I clicked 500M-1G just guessing, but I just checked my actual usage, and it’s less than 200M/month when I’m not traveling. I sync my podcasts and a subset of my Spotify lists over wifi for offline listening, and that’s what I play in the car (unless I’m listening to good ol’ fashioned NPR over FM.)

I’ve managed to wean myself from the need to compulsively check emails (or browse the web or Instapaper etc…) every five minutes, and I’m a reformed toilet reader. These days I have to be waiting around somewhere especially tedious or dealing with some kind of shitstorm at work to consciously whip the phone out and fiddle with it.

ETA: I have a corporate plan and don’t pay for my own data. Not that anybody would ever care - I’m the guy who signs the wireless contracts.

Yea, I’m kinda surprised people use so much as well. I use my phone a fair amount, but since almost everywhere I am has wi-fi, I rarely go over a couple of tens of megabytes. The only exception is when I’m traveling, and use Googlemaps a lot. Even then, its usually just a Gig or so.